[PRP] Duty-Bound (Melvin/Tracey)

Heaven is an extensive realm split into numerous “levels”, considered in an upward direction in consideration of the concentration of power.
MoonKit

[PRP] Duty-Bound (Melvin/Tracey)

Postby MoonKit Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:00 pm

[size]He didn't like leaving in the middle of work and placing his duties temporarily on the shoulders of his subordinates. Regardless of how many decades they labored, he always felt they missed the details and the future effects of what they saw as simple decisions. Anxious, he arrived to see Tracey as pre-set on thr calender for that evening and hoped it fit within the designated timr slot he afforded it or else everything would have to be shifted about after.

Knocking precisely 3 times evenly, he waited 5 seconds then annouced he would be entering. Turning thr handle he enterer in.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [PRP] Duty-Bound (Melvin/Tracey)

Postby Baneful Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Tracey's office was always a bit cluttered and today was no different, every inch of desk covered with teetering paperwork. He called out for Melvin to come in. His ancient looking computer was off and a large book was open in the middle of the deluge of paper.

"Hi! Thank you for coming at such short notice." he said. "You've been doing a wonderful job up on the surface, truly you have. We've had our eye on you."

He fell quiet a little "But how would you feel about something a little different?"
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:53 pm

The desk bothered and delighted Melvin, mixed to finally settle into concern. Bithered that the mess could become dosorganized and a slip or vital page could slip into the wrong file or fall away entirely but warm with a sense of common tie in seeing the amount of work that Tracey had there. He always wanted to aliviate some of the piles but then felt that if it was him he would be bothered and offended by being put on the spot by a gesture of kindness when you wanted to make sure it was done properly by yourself. No. He woukd steal the joys of it from Tracey or insult his capabilities.

The book caught his attention. A heavy tomb that had him weak with the nostaglia of memory of watching those devoit souls spending their lifetime on just one masterpiece. The smell and weight of them and being able to feel the lifelong pursuit of one tireless goal ammased in one binding. While he had adapted to the new age technology, he pinned for the return of paper and pen.

The question pulled him as he stepped forward. Different. Different had many meanings and he wasn't sure if it was a proper one suited for his time, but Tracey knew him and he wasn't about to doubt his judgement.

"Different how? If it is of use and I am use of working for it then I am not one to decline the offer though I only worry if it should, say, not occupy my time fully in which case I will ask if I cam keep my current position and take on this one as well. I'd adjust the less detailed workload to the lowers of course."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:29 pm

"Well." Tracey said, always coming across a little bit overworked and dithering. He seemed more like someone's secretary than anyone important, and for the most part it seemed to be true, no one really knew where his orders came from, just that he was almost always busy, never took a day off and had an office which looked like a nightmare.

"..it's perhaps a little political."

He took a deep breath, getting out of his chair to pace a little, back and forward with his arms behind his back, long hair flowing as he went.

He gave Melvin a serious look. "Tell me, how do you feel about demons?"
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:11 pm

The question was a test. A test of something he wasn't sure of, and yet he was being gauged on some scale he had no clue of what which would make him either capable or unable to do the job. At the very basic bones of that idea, it rubbed him the wrong way. However, he couldn't be anything but honest with his response.

"I have no sympathy for the fallen angels and corrupted creatures who have gone astray and feast upon those they would drag down into the bowels of hell with them. My mercy only extends to the swift justice to which they can be removed from the populace and cast back to the pits to which they are to only occupy. That the gifts bestowed upon the ones that then decided to toss for the temporary dissolving sins and evils of temptations cannot be forgiven for such disrespect." He said, like choir boy rehearsing a line from a hymnal.

Inside, he hurt. He knew angels, close to his breast for centuries, who one by one, or sometimes together, fell away from their purities and virtues and left him now alone. Once in a while he would hear about them in passing. The passing gossip or quick mentions in reports. A reminder they were alive, forever suffering, but together in brotherhood with their fallen. He tried not to hate. He tried very hard not to hate, and it took a lot each day for him to practice forgiveness - work was always a good way to not think about it.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:27 pm

There was the faintest flicker of something in Tracey's expression at what Melvin had to say, it could have been pain and it could have been disappointment, it was hard to tell, but it didn't seem entirely positive.

"Well." he said. "That is certainly the sort of thing Mrost would love to hear I'm sure." he said.

"I would just like to remind you that in here, no one can hear you but me. You can be completely honest. You don't need to say what you think I want to hear, simply what you believe. I won't be reporting you to the guard, I won't be acting one way or the other based on how you respond. I just need to know what sort of fit you are."

And with a strong hatred of demons, that was looking like not a good fit at all. He took a slow breath and eyed a photograph on his desk of a smiling man, waving at the camera and carrying a laptop under his arm. He seemed to have to tear his gaze away from it to look back to Melvin.

"You are a hard worker and very obedient. If it came to it would you be able to set aside that hatred of demons?" he said a little more quietly. "And if you could. Would you sooner see heaven restored to how it was with everyone returned and the world reunited? Or would you see the demons completely eradicated from the world completely?"
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:03 am

He hesitated, debating with himself as his fingers tapped against his sides.

"Sir..." He started, swallowing before he felt that, for once, he wanted a chair and moved to pick up a pile of papers and sit there, setting the pile on his lap and finding it as comforting as a soft cat.

"I have not been so old to be there in the time where all things began, but I had been around long enough to be close to those around me who had been. Dearest and kindest to me, and guiding lights among each other that I had always felt would never dim. I have lost each and every one of those, and it hurts me each day to considering that they had been lead astray and no longer are among us. They had been good to me and all others, hardworking, humble, and tender to all. I cannot imagine at times how their virtues would make them succeed in any way as demons, or that their abilities to excel in what they were angels now they are excelling in corruptions. I do not know if they have remorse or regret for their actions, but no no entry will ever be permitted for their choices. I....do not want to be as selfish to think of just myself and how they have wronged me by their actions but also do not wish to think badly of the memories of their pasts. I feel ....regret in that I was not there in the moments of their temptation to prevent their resolve from failing them."

"I do miss them.....and while I know mercy is not always kind, most often isn't....... I do not wish for them to suffer or to in instruments of suffering." He sorted the papers as he spoke, not looking at Tracey as he did so, feeling tender and as small as the first days he first traveled Purgatory.

"I am not a warrior. If you are asking this of me."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:10 am

“No need to call me sir.” Tracey said gently. “I’m just a messenger really.”

“And yes. I think you’ll find many of them have not changed a great deal, that they have simply embraced existing vices.” He spoke carefully, aware how strict heaven was on talk construed as that of rebellion. “Of course not all, but..”

He seemed heartened by Melvins empathy, not the fixed and absolute morality of the sort of angels who ended up in the guard but something more forgiving and malleable.

He might not be too happy at first but Tracey had heart he’d adjust and he’d be willing to give him time to learn, but that was probably expected given that Tracey was one of patience’s kin.

“I would never ask you to fight.” He said with a smile. “ Not physically anyway, not when your talents are so strong elsewhere, no, I am asking you if you’d like to help me with a little project a few friends are helping me with. It’s very dear to my heart.”

His red eyes darted once again to the photo on his table as if drawing strength from it and then back to Melvin. “However I will preface it by saying it is contraversial and given half a chance, Mrost would lock you up and throw away the key for it. But you must believe me that I would never do something unless I considered it for heaven’s sake.”

“What do you say?”
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:04 pm

He thought of the angels who fell below. The distant ache of those he considered dearest to him. If he walked out and resumed his work, he knew upon thinking of them, he would think of this moment as well. Turning down a chance to restore their light and bless them within heaven once more and back to him, along with many others who felt the same sting of corruptions long grasp.

Mrost was a concern through, and he tried not to shiver at the idea of being in the smallest cellar somewhere for all eternity devoid of work and anything aside madness.

Well, he was a good worker. Maybe they would at least give him some paperwork down there.

He looked up from the pile of papers on his lap. "I trust your judgement. If it is for heaven, who am I to deny such a worthy cause?"

With his decision already out there, it was time for actual details instead of gentle vagueness. "So..what exactly is it?"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Tracey smiled at Melvin, a genuine and broad one. "I don't intend to let anyone down in this. Together we will help to undo what was done."

He turned back to the desk and picked up a thick folder of documents, emblazoned with a large symbol. He handed this over to Melvin.

"This should help brief you on the innermost details of what we are doing but in summary, there is a hidden place within purgatory, a place that only select few know the location of. It is known as The Facility. There we are working towards creating a creature capable of using all kinds of magic, both SIN and LIFE, in order to find a way to cure the others who have fallen. Our first batch of creations are almost ready to be unleashed on living quarters for testing and I am seeking out heaven's hardest workers and brightest minds to help."

He gestured at the folder. "My counterparts in hell are presently doing the same thing, we need representation from both sides. You are one of our best, I'd like to offer you a lead researcher role, you will be out there in their midst. Utmost secrecy is key."

Return to “Heaven”