Mogi Adventures

A forum for Mogi rp
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: Mogi Adventures

Postby Baneful Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:08 pm

Nacht eyed the sand with a deeply suspicious eye, it moved too easily and felt like water, like he might sink by mistake and be gone, swallowed up in the shifting dunes. It also stung, burning his paws as he walked and giving him an awkward, unhappy sort of gait. Breezes got the grains in his eyes and he found his eyes weren't the only place that sand got. All in all he hated sand, he decided, enduring it only because he cared about Fest. He found it difficult to appreciate the beauty of a place without trees and without shelter, where the sun became an enemy rather than a gentle friend. His dark fur made it worse and before long he was craving a long drink and some water to bathe in, struggling through the difficult land, his tail dragging in the sand and every footfall more effort than he was used to

He moved slow normally, here it was even slower than usual. His bitten felt the same, sometimes taking pity and carrying its master before it too was forced to place him down and take flight for a time to rest its seared paws. "I'll help you." he said. "Of course I will, but it can't be open like this, it can't be as hot as this, at least not without trees."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:17 pm

F found the devious little vixen to be equal parts vexing and fascinating, finding her scandalous lack of modesty and manners thrilling. He gestured with his key in the direction of the others. "Well, that would make you the queen of hearts." he said with a hidden little smile. "if you were my queen. Perhaps for now stick with ..gourds. You seem good at those." The pale mogi didn't mind where they were at all, his attire was suited for wind, sun and rain, protecting his luxuriant white fur from any crude elements.

"I am quite all right with being a consort, I am positively brimming with humility."

The stinkbug spoke slowly and deeply, with a low rumbling voice. "I WORK HARD." it said "MAKE GOOD FOR FRIEND."
Toshi

Postby Toshi Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:26 pm

Nacht seemed to absorb the heat, and his thick fur made him immediately and miserably hot, which Fest fretted over. He patted the other mogi's ears and face with cool water, and whenever they paused he strung up his cape to give them a touch of shade.

"It's not too much further, Master Nacht. And less, if your friend carries us. We'll save our traveling for moonlight from now hence. We were in such a hurry to make our way after the Gate closed..." Fest's large, wide ears were suited for desert life, along with his fine and colourful coat. The wisps, at least, didn't seem bothered by the heat. "We'll know better."

Fest, too, was willing to put up with all manner of discomforts, so long as they were able to stay together.
Toshi

Postby Toshi Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:40 pm

Yog rolled his eyes. "Yes, I thought it might be something like that."

"Hearts, minds, all of it!" Nim said, clutching her paw into a ball. "Machines will always be stronger than a mess of biology. Consequentially, the Master of those machines will be the Master of everything. We will carve a red path!"

Through the sands before them, through the Sunwood behind them, through the two meddlesome mogis who were completely unaware of the threats on their tail...all of it.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:02 pm

The stink bug seemed oblivious to any sarcasm on the part of the other and simply nodded emphatically, turning a little to face F who was watching Nim with an expression as unreadable as always, his tail twitching slightly as she spoke. She's mad, he thought, completely and utterly mad. Machines were a travesty, a symbol of folly and rebellion against the great tree. The tree had abandoned them because they had sought to control nature, taking it apart to crudely try and re-assemble it higgledy piggledy. They deserved any retribution that was wrought upon them and he was happy to be the hand of that retribution when the day came. Until it did however, he had to understand the madness at least a little to control it.

F shook his head. "Biology is the root of magic." he said. "I've seen it, mogi capable of doing things beyond the limits of natural law, given leave to do so by nature itself. Nature lifts us up, it has uncountable years advantage on machinery."

He gave a conspirational smirk. "The one who would be master of everything would be he who learned to control both nature and machine, only then - in complete control of all elements - could they be deemed a master."
Toshi

Lootpiles

Postby Toshi Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:16 pm

Fest and Nacht had both explored the dunes thoroughly. You could never entirely search the expanse of the sands, of course, the winds changed the landscape daily, covering and uncovering old treasures. But the Free lands had more to offer than sand.

"You have a sense for magic," Fest said, thinking aloud. It was night, as it usually was when Fest brought Nacht out and about for adventures in the sands, "so I thought I might show you...well, it's a bit of a well-known secret, but you've never seen so many marvelous baubles and trinkets, all unclaimed! And rarely, something of real and personal value. Oh, Master Nacht, you'll see!"

It curved upward in the dark, tall spires and piles of not sand, but items. All items, weapons, junk...and treasure.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:27 am

Nacht gave Fest a curious look for his comment. He didn't consider himself to have a sense for magic, simply an ongoing curiosity borne of finding out if the figures who constantly beset the periphery of his vision were real or the treasures they spoke of. Most of the time they weren't correct, telling him to hoard sticks and leafs and other things he stowed in his fur like a packrat but sometimes they were right on the money resulting in fancier treasures like his wings. Today they were mostly alone in the dunes bar a strange long legged beast off in the distance which walked ever onwards across the sand without heed for him and a small flitting gremlin which seemed to fade in and out of being.

Still, he was happy to be shown around by Fest and the other Mogi's enthusiasm was always contagious wherever they went, he followed along with slow plodding steps in the sand. When they got there he looked over the enormous piles of junk with a curiosity he couldn't hide. He liked junk, he liked finding things and gathering things. There was something old about some of the things in their world and it raised so many questions. Even the gizmo around his neck, who had created it and why? Was it the great tree? Had it given it to him for a reason?

Had the tree created all of this? Was this from something before the tree?

He didn't voice the many, many questions running through his head. Instead he said simply. "That's a LOT of junk."
Toshi

Postby Toshi Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:07 am

Fest had brought along Follo to serve as a lantern, and the wisp hummed easily in the dark crevices of the piles, illuminating them from within. Everything else was bathed in moonlight. Fest seemed enthusiastic in spite of the sparse lighting and encroaching chill. "Treasure, Master Nacht!" Fest corrected, "Gizmos, gadgets, contraptions, devices, and rarities, built with a thinking mind long ago, waiting for this moment to reveal their splendors. Or, perhaps, to journey with us awhile until they find their home! Don't wander far, however. Other, ah, creatures like to use these collections to take reprieve from the day's heat and the night's chill."

Fest gave a splendid bow, grinning with all his sharp teeth and gesturing towards what now seemed like mountains.

"After you, of course!" He swept up next to Nacht in an easy motion, leeching the warmth off him as they went to hunt.
Toshi

Postby Toshi Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:25 am

The days in the Loyal lands were warmest, but still not very warm. The snow was wet, and Fest longed for summer again. Nacht, on the other hand, seemed as if the tree had built him for the most torturous of conditions (as long as those conditions were cold). He seemed to absorb every tiny scrap of heat available.

The clover glades were apparently famous for their soft, abundant clover fields, but in winter this too was replaced by (in Fest's mind) much of the same grey, soggy, bitterly cold landscape. At least there weren't bugs. Still, he did want Nacht to show him around the place a bit, so here they were.

Fest toed the icy stream, which had chunks of ice floating past.

"A bit frosty for a dip, I think," Fest said.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:17 am

Nacht wasn't a good tour guide, where Fest was all interesting sights and enthusiasm, Nacht saw the forest with a different set of eyes. To him it was home and showing someone around was difficult to do when you knew where everything was already and had watched it move from one season to the next, practically feeling the shift of the land underfoot. He wasn't a big talker, so it was difficult to convey to the other Mogi or any Mogi the deep love he had for the place itself, feeling the stability of the forest as a friend that had stood by him when all else was chaos and change.

"I've fallen in once when it was like that." he said. "It's so cold you forget which way is up. I don't take swimming lightly any more." Especially not with as much fur as he had, it was too easy to get bogged down in the water, pulled under by his own thick mane. "Plus I always weight twice as much afterwards." Beneath the water he could see shapes moving and swimming but he didn't know if they were real or simply imaginary.

"This is the stream." he said, wholly unhelpfully. "And somewhere beyond, there's a river."

Return to “Mogi”