[PRP] Snooping for a Cause (Nuru + Lawr)

Purgatory is the only completely neutral realm in existence. Bordering all realms it is the central hub between Heaven, Hell and Earth. This is where the Nephilim partially live out their day to day lives though understandably many prefer Earth to the desolate and often hostile landscape.
Sali

[PRP] Snooping for a Cause (Nuru + Lawr)

Postby Sali Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:42 am

Tall walls sat high above the blistering sands of the nearby desert, behind their protective embrace grew bright verdant foliage clustered together thickly. The air was warm and sandy but tinted with the subtly sweet scent of the plants and the life they provide to the nearby buildings. It was a small market village that despite it's size and location, was actually quite bustling with activity.

So many hosts of all shapes and sizes, It was difficult to notice the one blue demon, despite his large size, skulking about with his nostrils flared in the open air. He wove in and out of the streets and stalls in search of something. He was trying to observe along the way, but he was distracted for the moment. He brushed past a display, knocking a glass bottle off the shelf, but caught it mid air and carefully slid it back. Then hesitated, and pulled it back towards himself to tuck deftly into a bag at his hip. It wasn't what he was looking for, but it was pretty all the same.

He continued on, unnoticed as far as he was aware, in the direction of the food stalls.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [PRP] Snooping for a Cause (Nuru + Lawr)

Postby Baneful Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:10 am

Lawrence as a general rule did whatever the hell he wanted, whenever he wanted. He meddled in many facets of the universe and did so without much rhyme or reason. Someone asking him for help would never know if the help would be provided or if they were in for a betrayal like nothing they'd ever experienced. Sometimes he caught sight of something that held his attention and that particular day the thing that held his attention was a demon who looked none too special but who smelled distinctly - from a magical perspective - of Thor.

The glass bottle provided a means to manifest himself and as he stepped into his mirror, he appeared behind Nuru, stood in an alleyway between two stalls. Not keen to start a panic or draw too much attention by appearing in The Mask, he appeared instead in a more foxy form, slender and elegant.

"Hey there friend." he said brightly to Nuru. "Got a minute?"
Sali

Postby Sali Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:24 am

Nuru promptly spun around to locate the owner of the sudden voice. His immediate conclusion was surely that he'd been caught. They looked and smelled unfamiliar to him though. He glanced around to spot the actual vendor, still clueless with their back turned talking to another demon, and then back at the fox creature.

"Uhh, ah guess ah do?... ya a vendah?" He hoped that their stall was on the other side of the market if so. He nervously ran a clawed hand through the shaggy dark blue fur that sat atop his head. The fur lightened down the sides of his jaw to a softer, shorter, pale blue coat that covered the rest of his body in something more like velvet. His face was rough and not really what someone would call pretty, like, at all. His lower jaw jutting out just slightly too far to reveal a few large sharp teeth.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:15 pm

Lawrence was even more interested once he got a good look at the other demon in front of him. Nuru was not Thor's usual fare and that made him of remark. The duke was nothing if not curious, and meddling with the best laid plans of other people was one of his very favourite past times.

"Sometimes I sell things." he said with a friendly smile. "Things that improve people's lives. But today I'm just curious."

He extended a paw in a friendly manner. "My name is Levi." he said, "And I think you work for a good friend of mine."
Sali

Postby Sali Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 am

Nuru wrapped a clawed hand firmly around Levi's paw but did not immediately shake it or let it go. "Good good Levi, Where's ya stall?" Nuru asked while peering around again rather nervously. He was so focused on leaving the immediate scene that unfortunately, "Levi" did not exactly receive his full attention as a result. That was until his words had the opportunity to take a few more spins through Nuru's mind before finally clicking into place. That exact moment tangible as the look on his face darkened and shifted to look Levi right in the eye. "Good frien' ya say?" His lower jaw stiffened uncertainly. "If dat true den ah expect ya ta know somewhere a lil quietah?" He meant away from the vendor who was sure to raise cain at any moment.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:12 pm

"Well." he said brightly. "It's just this way, I attend to a specific set of clients, so I am set up in a quieter part of the market. It works well enough for what I need." He shook Nuru's hand for him and then used it to lead him in the direction of the alley.

It was strange, as soon as they left the hustle and bustle, no one seemed to notice where they went or even that they'd been there, things rapidly getting quiet until their only companions seemed to be the vermin that were almost unnaturally common here, rats watching them and roaches scattering at the foxes feet.

"No one can hear you here." he said in a way that was a bit sinister.

"You've got friends in high places for someone who doesn't appear very remarkable."
Sali

Postby Sali Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:22 pm

Nuru was all too happy to follow Levi at first. He kept his eyes fixed on the back of the vendor's head, even as his body turned to follow the strange fox unhindered. Once they vanished from view, suddenly Nuru was completely present and glancing ahead at Levi who was still leading him.

"Uhh..." None of his surroundings seemed familiar - or quite right for that matter. He felt something deep down in the pit of his stomach. Something that suddenly twitched. An instinct more than a thought and he started to intentionally slow his pace. "...how far is ya stall exactleh?"

Levi's words only made the feeling worse. The tone he used, maybe. This was an unfamiliar feeling for him really.

"So.. uh.. how exactleh do ya know 'im?" He decided to let the comment about his being unremarkable slide completely. Maybe he was, perhaps he wasn't, it didn't seem like an important thing to point out right now.
Last edited by Sali on Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:35 pm

"Well, maybe its not exactly a stall." he said. "Maybe I lied a little." And there was the realisation that every creature, every single vermin in the alley was looking at Nuru now. There was a lot of broken glass. A lot more broken glass than a normal alleyway normally had.

"He's a co-worker of mine." Levi said sweetly, smiling. "And he's someone who is known for using people up and spitting them out. Or rather. Not. Spitting them out."

He looked Nuru over. "You don't strike me as the sort of demon who is out to get eaten. Am I to assume you don't know what you are caught up in?"

His tail flicked and he leaned on a wall.
Sali

Postby Sali Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:51 am

"Dat ain' no little lie," Nuru spat as he shifted his legs out and spread his toes in an attempt to dig into the ground and slipped his hand free. He desired to stop, stop right now and go back. That feeling in his stomach was now a deafening roar. He couldn't ignore it anymore. But his defiant stand was short lived, this was just as he was being led through the shards of broken glass - which he had inadvertently shoved his feet into quite forcefully. He yelped and staggered sideways to catch himself against the wall. The damage minor, but enough to leave a dark liquid trail in the smeared shape of his paw pads behind.

He grit his teeth with a snarl that choked in the back of his throat. "Where have ya taken me?"

He could feel the many eyes on him, the creeping paranoia at being watched, but they were secondary to the perceived threat directly in front of him. He thought better at reacting to the situation with hostility. The facts right now were being carefully examined. Levi hadn't attacked him. Not yet. It was his own reaction that caused him harm. So far, as far as Nuru knew, all Levi did was lie, something that came almost as naturally as breathing and fucking.

He considered Levi's own questions for a few moments, but decided very quickly he didn't think it was wise to reveal his own hand so soon. Not until he had a better grasp of the situation he'd found himself in.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:52 am

"Oh nowhere in particular." Levi said breezily. "You could call it somewhere between. Not quite purgatory any longer I'm afraid."

Behind Nuru bugs scuttled to the fresh blood, antennae twitching eagerly. Moths fluttered on every wall, alighting now and then close to the demon, some of them fluttering to land on Levi himself. He seemed not to notice them.

"I would say it was somewhere you wouldn't be familiar with, but on some intrinsic level, it should be familiar to you, at least the magic, at least the feelings of this place."

Lawrence, as Duke of Envy held dominion over every demon of his kind, the very land that made up the tier of Envy composed in some way of him and his magic. The realm lived and breathed with his moods and though for a long time desolate and barren, forcing many demons to seek out new homes elsewhere who didn't like living in a windswept moor void of technology it had come to life once more with the return of its master and word had spread that Envy was back.

"I know what you are." he said with a foxy grin, even as eyes opened across his fur, tens of them, all watching Nuru intently. "You belong to /me/. Now tell me.."

"What business do you have with Thoraz? Gluttony is no friend of ours." And his tone implied icily that not complying would be very unpleasant.

Return to “Purgatory”