[The Facility] Weak

Purgatory is the only completely neutral realm in existence. Bordering all realms it is the central hub between Heaven, Hell and Earth. This is where the Nephilim partially live out their day to day lives though understandably many prefer Earth to the desolate and often hostile landscape.
Baneful
General Tyrant

[The Facility] Weak

Postby Baneful Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:08 pm

No one should have known about the facility outside of those inside it and trusted by Tracey and B0nez to be aware of its existence. Even those who worked within its walls weren't aware of the extent of its reach or what was really researched within it, every part of the building staffed on a need to know basis. But Lawrence knew. Lawrence knew because there weren't many places in the inhabited realms that he wasn't aware of however distantly. He knew about the facility because Melvin was there and beyond that he didn't care what they did. He had narrow interests and if it wasn't part of his current machinations it didn't matter.

He was furious lately, furious about Luke, about his stupid father and his stupid partner, about the replacement siblings who'd be pure angels when he wasn't even a pure Host. He'd stormed away to the bottom of the sea when he'd first found out about it and had to be retrieved, and now he was just plain angry. How DARE anyone replace him? He was going to be PERFECT.

And of course, when he felt frustrated or irritated, he took this out on other people. Namely Melvin.

He didn't ask for an invitation, generally he just showed up, and that was what happened today, whenever Melvin was somewhere away from people, indoor or outdoor he turned around and there was the great friend that was Lawrence, wearing his mask and sitting as if he'd been there all day and belonged exactly where he was.
MoonKit

Re: [The Facility] Weak

Postby MoonKit Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:00 am

Melvin was in his office as per usual. However, it had greatly changed from the organized barren place upon Lawr's last visit. While there was no new furnishings or creature comforts, there were many open books. Aged and written in languages either forgotten or only known to a few. Stacks in piles or opened to various pages marked by various types of bookmarks ranging from ribbons to locks of braided hair to a torn page from some lost book - or possibly stolen elsewhere. Around these were all manner of supply ranging from variously colored candles, chalk, salt, and smearings of bloods all placed in intricate places and markings. Around and made of all this were seals placed all about the place. Each part of the ground, the desk, even etched into the glass of the fish tank, all the way up to the ceiling.

A laptop sat open as emails remained untouched as Melvin laid on the ground, his ears more fins and small creases about his skin to suggest another skin-texture. Various wayward spines shot out form his tussled blonde hair as he laid, face resting on a open book used as a pillow, as she slept. A serpentine tail moved slowly behind him, rustling up a pile of crumpled papers. His fingertips were darkened, smudged by ash and the burn of various magics.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:07 am

Lawrence took in the room, filled with the detritus of madness with a faint smile under his mask, however in spite of his amused smile he found himself also a little concerned by what he saw. Melvin certainly wasn’t the most stable angel he’d ever met, but he had been controlled and tidy and perhaps a little uptight. This was different and felt different. Last time even his form had been a bone of contention and now here he was letting it slide.

He moved carefully through the office, able to feel that many of the seals were dangerous, magical ticking time bombs he didn’t want to come into contact with.

Making his way over he reached out, resting his hands as close to Melvin as he dared, crooning softly.

“Oh whatever has happened to you?”
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Upon contact came a glow that ignited upon Melvin's person as lines and symbols danced abiut his skin where he had inscribed himself with protection spellwork and runes to contain whatever had gone rampant in his own person. Added defenses over the other deals he had placed upon himself ages ago. It pushed with a firm solidity against Lawr's approaching touch. To push of the haunting approach of something that spoke and nipped inside the angel's mind.

Despite this his tail curls about the demon's tail before stopping upon the seal's resistence for contact and the angel jolted with a sharp breath. Groggy, he turned to see Lawr there.

"Lawr?" He said with laced uncertainty. Rubbing at his eyes, the angel sat up, peeling a piece of loose paperwork off his cheek that left a few smudged marks transfered from the page. Running a hand through his hair, he looked about to take in where he was amd recalled "resting his eyes for just a moment." He checked his watch and reached out for the nearby desk, pulling himself up slowly. "How long have you been there?" He hoped not too long.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:10 pm

"Oh not long." he said, because he hadn't physically been there all that long but he'd have said it even if he'd been there for an hour. There was a sickness visible in the other man, so many defences, so many protections. He wondered what he could be afraid of. It couldn't be him, he went where he wished and someone taking action against Envy itself would need to begin with the mirrors that were the seat of his power, Melvin knew him, this was more scattershot outside combined with a lot of internal focus. He wouldn't seal himself to seal Lawrence.

He didn't like it, but he didn't like most things that weren't about him.

The seals themselves were dangerous and concerning, some of them a little too prickly for Lawrence. He felt the pain of their responses just from touching them, a lingering tingle of discomfort in his fingers when he drew away.

"You are a mess." he said matter-of-factly, flicking his eyes across Melvin's entire body.
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:07 pm

"Am I?" He said, glancing over and summoning the strength to reform his more presentable form for the sake of presentation. The tail, spines, glossier eyes, and skintone all retracted to just a ruffled, tired blonde.

Moving a hand to smooth out the wrinkled in his sweater, he moved to sit in his chair and looked around from 3 cups to see them either cold or empty. He found a half-drunk bottle of water and finished it in one gulp before finding his glasses and placing them back on.

"I m sorry for...." He gestured vaguely to the room. "Stronger seals are very energy consuming and I lost track of time."

He leaned back and rubbed the pads of his fingers against his eyes under his glasses. With a sigh he patted hinself for a pen. He kept misplacing it.

"It's been a while since I've seen you. How have you been?" He yawned.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:22 pm

The loss of the fins was oddly disappointing to Lawrence and he found himself momentarily aware of the memory of the ocean. He shouldn’t have gone back but he’d felt so wounded, so hurt by the stupid reactions of his father that returning to the womb of creation had made sense. Now it clung to him and he clung to the vestiges of it.

He pushed it away and instead of bringing Melvin’s appearance up Lawrence gave him a very warm very knowing sort of smile. “Oh no need to apologise.” He said cordially. “I am personally in a truly heinous mood.” He presented the missing pen in an elegant hand with long golden claws.

“So.” He said, sitting down in a fluid movement, every eye on Melvin. “Are you going to tell me why exactly you have some truly ancient and complex seals on your office and your person or am I to assume it was simply a little welcoming party for me?”

They were actually making him a little nauseous to look at, the hint of light headedness making him more nervous than usual.

“Because if this is a trap.” He said, a flash of dangerous paranoia in his tone. “I won’t be happy.”
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:49 pm

He turned the pen in both hands, his fingers at both ends to turn it as he stared at it, debating how to phrase his confession to the demon. It was dangerous. More so then talking to a Duke of Hell was admitting to him he was touched in some way. The abyss was not well researched. Those touched were exiled or taken care off, removed in one way or another. One bad grape taken to avoid spoiling the bunch.

He knew since the abyss something was creeping upon him. Something upon when his sealwork during the attack must have failed him in some way. He saw old friends in the hallway. Heard whispering of something that was sweet and distant and made him want to sink into the feeling of it only to wake up later in a sweat.

Telling a demon he was a faulty angel was a easy slide down to becoming a demon.

He was being tested and when was given a test, you needed to rise to face it. That was what the deals were. Duty. Working towards a solution. To not be idle.

He wiped his brow with the back of his hand. "It's to keep others safe and...myself. Haven't been well since we went near that abyssal." He didn't care to elaborate on his many symptoms.

"Older magic needs more specialized research. I went through some of my old writings and some books given to be through my life."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Lawrence seemed to relax a bit as Melvin protested that it was to keep other people and himself safe. It wasn't some trap, it wasn't a scheme to control him, it was Melvin in a panic. He paused as he mentioned he hadn't been doing well since the abyssal, feeling the realisation slither like ice into his gut.

"Since... the abyssal." he said slowly.

He liked Melvin, Melvin was FUN, Melvin was entertaining. Melvin couldn't end up dead because he had an abyssal get into his head.

If he did it would be his fault. He was the one who took him to Malarif, assuming he could handle it.

Normally Lawrence wasn't bothered in the slightest by the plight of other people, but Melvin was entertaining, he was important, and the idea of something negative happening to end his story because of something Lawrence had done was not at all pleasing. He furrowed his brows.

"Are you abyssal-touched?" he asked matter-of-factly. In all the realms he might have been one of the only Hosts who wouldn't try to kill him where he stood if the answer was yes. "Because I'm sure you know how serious it is if you are."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Melvin contined to turn the pen in his hand as he sttared off.

The question was a death sentence and he licked his chapped lips a moment.

"I don't believe so..." He lied, feeling the tension pull at his back. Sleeping on the floor had bot helped the knits in his shoulders.

"....I think my seal should have never combated that kind of energy."

"...it should go away - the exhaustion. It was a large seal after all and held for a long time. I'm out of practice." He tossed up excuses and reason to support his cause to live. He just needed more time.

"Rashal is doing well here. The boy from before." He set the pen down and opened the drawer and brought out a few workbooks for math and English. "There are children here to socialize him. I have been leaving him homework but I had hoped as a demon you could advise me on anything I should know." At last he looked up at Lawr.

Return to “Purgatory”