[PRP] No Invitation Needed (Melvin/Lawr)

Heaven is an extensive realm split into numerous “levels”, considered in an upward direction in consideration of the concentration of power.
MoonKit

Re: [PRP] No Invitation Needed (Melvin/Lawr)

Postby MoonKit Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:52 am

Roll: 5

I won't be able to hold this long. He reached out best he could to Lawr in hopes he could hear him. There was a lot of interference and his range wasn't the best at the moment.

Breathing out, he stared down at the small child clutching him. "Have faith." He called down to them before closing his eyes and trying to silence the sickening madness fogging up his mind. His entire body was on fire, and he could feel his muscles strain with each reach out for more energy and more magic from his person from a depleting reservoir. If he hadn't already shifted fully, he would have been forced to at this point, and he was glad he at least conserved that energy before he started.

Taking deep breathes, he focused on the cracks on his seal, and worked to push his own mana out from the center to bleed and twist into the cracks to fill them. The ground was still shaking around them, and each time he felt the hard hit of a tentacle or splash of acid, he winced as he drained more and more magic from himself to account for it.

He had never wished for the end of a creature as much as he did now.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Lawr 29 - George - 42

HP: 0

Roll 1d100 to defend against the final explosion.

He could feel it. It was right there, the thrum of power, coalesced madness and the anchor around which everything else about this beast was anchored. Lawr's every single eye turned towards it and the leviathan sprawling across the horizon let out a shriek of victory. He moved, bringing every single shard of fractured mirror together into one vast eye which narrowed to a perfect point of light and shot a beam of raw focused magic directly at the writhing and misshapen mass of flesh. The blue light within was almost blinding and Lawr lunged forward into the wound created and emerged with a large lump of something in his teeth that glowed as bright as a reactor.

Throwing it back he swallowed it, the light visible in his transparent body until it faded, more and more, before vanishing.

"Fireworks incoming." he warned everyone within mental range as the hulking body collapsed to the stadium, blue cracks spreading across its entire form.

The cracks spread and spread until they all met like veins.

Lawrence folded his wings about himself. The little demon kid held his breath.

And the abyssal exploded. The force of the explosion could be heard all across the city and the shockwave rolled out, breaking windows and knocking anyone outside of the barrier off their feet.

In the wake of it, there was silence.

And then it started liberally raining acidic meat chunks across half the metropolis.

But the thing was dead, and when those lumps hit the ground, none of them moved again, and for a time, brief and brilliant, the madness didn't hold so much of a grip over the city.

Lawrence hovered in the air, a tremendous looming thing that was almost impossibly large. He watched the mess and considered leaving it as it was.

And then thought what Rodney might think.

He twisted in the air, spreading his wings again and let out a keening sound that rang through the minds of everyone in Malarif.

And it rained, a refreshing pristine rain that washed away the sickness of the abyssal and left the meat in the gutters, rancid certainly but no longer harmful, food for the insects.
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Roll: 40

He met his limit and the call for fireworks had him stuggling on fumes for whatever was to come. He could feel the pressure of the people crowding around him like an elm in a thunderstorm but it wouldn't protect them all. His seal shook and snapped in various placed and like interrupting a circuit. Chains of his seal cracked and fizzled out leaving gaps overhead the populace. It was all noise and heat and light before it grew quiet and finally he released the lingering pieces of his barrier before collapsing to his knees. His vision was dotted with lights and he knelt there barey able to use his head upas people cried and others wandered slowly away from him to inspect the damage. Other still called out to cries of pain and dispair at the casualities fron the blast. ..he coughed and gasped, feeling the taste of himself come up into his mouth. He had took it too far and his body made himself aware of it.

The rain was cool and he closed his eyes as it away the sweat off his body and soaked through his clothes. Weakly, he reached out to Lawr.

"Thank you."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:50 pm

As the world resettled and the civilians began to assess their loss or thank their good fortune, Lawrence exhaled, a hissing sound like some vast hydraulic brake. The enormous creature looming over the city shimmered in the rain that poured refreshingly from the heavens and gurgled in the gutters and faded into the clouds as if it had never been there at all.

Quietly, with his many distinctive eyes closed and his robes held close to him - now rather worn looking - Lawrence alighted by Melvin, once again in his small humanoid form, his fur soaked in the rain he himself had created.

"You're welcome." he said with a smile. He hated being wet, it brought back bad memories. Around him the moths dissolved in the rain, flashing strange fins beneath their dusty wings.

Inherent in what had happened was the moral conundrum. Had what they'd done been heroic when it never would have happened if they'd never come at all. Lawrence found good and evil incomprehensible in every way possible.

"You did really well." he said. "None of these people would have made it without you, if the backlash didn't take them, the madness would have."

He glanced down at the child. "He's a good man." he said, and gave Melvin a rather playful - but exhausted - grin.
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:07 pm

He felt sick to his stomach and his mind was abuzz with all number of raw thiyghtd and aches. He was tired beyonfmd measure and he prseed the palms of his hands to his eyes to give dull some sensation.

"These poor people. Living here with no security at all. If the stadium wasnt here then I'm sure that homes or businesses woukd be and they would be destroyed by these creatures. They shoukd have some seals to rid the abysalls all together. So much could be done what with having both sides here on equal terms."

He lowered his arms and staggerrr to his feet. He pressed a hand to his chest. "I feel so rusty."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:05 am

“You see now why it exists? It draws things out to be killed rather than letting them fester in the beneath. Without the stadium they might forget what they are fighting” he gestured around them at the devastation, so much of their surroundings destroyed. “They always rebuild.”

He laughed at the implication that the abyssals could ever be sealed. “That would be like trying to seal all of Hell, except even harder. They are nothing like us, nothing like hosts.

Lawrence didn’t look exhausted strangely, if anything he looked invigorated, a blue light behind his eyes, all of them.

He reached out a hand to steady Melvin. “You did well, a lot of people owe you their lives here today. “ The only thing they owed him himself was the arbritrary decision to spare them over the abyssal for Rodneys sake.

He grinned. “Told you it would be exciting.”
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:28 pm

"I must say they become a hearty people to survive and rebuild in the face of so much destruction and uncertainty. I do admire that. I just wish they had more security else their entire home tmcoukd be laid to rubble." Melvin was if anything someone who liked challenges and ways to fix things.

"I think I won't last long on any of your exciting visits. It tests my constitution too much. I've not felt this tired in a while." He took Lawr's hand and rose up.

"How do you even know how to defeat such a thing? It was acidic and the madness and you were wraooed about it. Are you okay?" He asked before he felt the weight of a hand still holding his shirt.

Looking down, the small fox-child still remained. "Oh. Hello there. We shoukd go looking for your family." He said, reaching out to pick him up and stand with the child in his arms. With all the commotion he must of gotten separated and the parents must be worried.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:26 am

“Their security is the edge of the abyss. Abyssals cant cross into the universe and survive, they degrade and disintegrate without some form of stability.” He said, gesturing back at the starry sky on the other side of the city. “The battles are needed to hold back the creeping madness.”

He gave Melvin a conspiratorial smile. “This place wasn’t built by demonic hands. Your general.. or should I say former general built this place to fight them. In amongst the rabble are some of the best warriors in the universe.”

He just knew they wouldn’t have stepped in at the class they had just encountered.

“I’m all right.” He said a little grimly. “I can digest their heartstones, the source of their power, even I don’t know why. I can also feel them and where they are.” Lawrence had always doubted the story his father gave him that he was the only parent he had, if it had been so he should have had two wyngs and he had five. There had been rumours.

“You can’t wound their flesh it knits back, you need to tear it off and deal with the blood, get to the core and seal or destroy it.”

Looking down at the small fox and nodded his head as if checking some invisible information.

“His family are gone.” He said. “Hes alone. Should I put it out of its misery?”
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:10 pm

"I have questions." He said as a disclaimer. "About what happened and heartstones but...I really need to lay down. My head is throbbing."

He looked at the child and stiffened at Lawr's offer to murder him. "Of course not! What logic is that for me to save these people to then kill them. He is just a child. His misfortune shouldn't be a death sentence." He placed a hand on the back of the child's head and brought his head to his chest as if to shield him from what was said but it was too late. The small kid already started to cry at the loss of his world and the threat against it.

"I'll - figure out something. I doubt a place like here would be good for any child to grow up. If I'd be in danger to be used then a child would be ruined on their own." He let the child cry as he rubbed it's back and sighed.

He felt even more tired now.

"I suppose we have done enough today."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:23 am

“I suppose so.” Lawrence said with a grin. “I was hoping we would avoid theatrics but it has been a long time since I was last here.”

He looked amused at Melvin’s response to the child. “Well, you can certainly keep them.” There wasn’t a shortage of demon children and no one would miss an orphaned one.

“Then there will be room for questions later.” He said. And they could teleport here on the edge, having cleared the threat for the time being. He extended both clawed hands, one for Melvin to take, the other to rest on the boy.

“Ill take you back.” He said.

Return to “Heaven”