[PRP] No Invitation Needed (Melvin/Lawr)

Heaven is an extensive realm split into numerous “levels”, considered in an upward direction in consideration of the concentration of power.
MoonKit

Re: [PRP] No Invitation Needed (Melvin/Lawr)

Postby MoonKit Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am

Melvin shot up from the bathtub and glared back at him. "I would not fall. I am not that kind of angel, and I don't get what you are insinuating in saying that heaven might be somehow in a weaker state. Do you feel it's somehow ample picking now because I can assure you regardless of number that that will not happen."

He moved out of the shower, taking the towel with some haste and some frustration and wrapping it about him. "I do not hide." He added.

"I am always first and foremost a loyal and hard worker for His cause." He said, looking over at Lawr, now closer now, water dripping off onto the already wet floor.

"I come when called. If Heaven has need of me in any emergency, I would be there."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Lawrence grinned at Melvin and his teeth were sharp. "I know more than you do Melvin." he said. "I have eyes everywhere. I'm just giving you a few hints. You've been gone long enough that things have changed. Heaven is easier pickings than it has been in a long time, but I'm not interested in it. I'm Envy, I like things I can't have, not the things I can just walk up and take."

He drummed his claws on the toilet, which had various bugs emerging from it now, moths settling on the walls.

"And oh I'm not saying you are intentionally hiding, but Mrost and the other extremists would be very very angry about it if they knew about the people you worked for."

He placatingly waved a hand. "Melvin Melvin. Don't be angry. I'm not angry. We are friends. I'm just telling it like it is. I'm sure you are wonderful at your job."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:21 pm

"You know itand don't want heaven but you won't tell me if anyone else knowd and are planning am attack, right?" He asked, moving to get another towel and shaking off a few now clinging moths.

He moved to the bedroom to find a suit and opened a closet of very somber colored clothes. Far in the back were a few keepsake outfits of times long past. Outfits that would be prized in museums for their preserved and excellent condition.

"I know of the consequences of what I'm doing and what would happen if I was caught. I've taken these risks before on you. I made my choice and wouldn't have done it if I didn't feel it was for the benefit of Heaven."

He looked at two suits of different shades of black and debated a moment.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:30 pm

"Beyond me no one seems to know anything beyond rumours and tall tales. No one is going to attack heaven on the basis of that. I keep out of things and I generally do whatever I want. Thor is looking for an entryway into attacking heaven, certainly but when is he not? And he's currently preoccupied."

Lawrence followed Melvin persistently, his moths fluttering lazily around, mercifully not touching or harming any of his possessions.

"Lovely outfits." he said. "I wouldn't mind something like that." As Envy he generally found himself wanting most things other people owned.

"All your risks are valuable Melvin." he said. "I like you. I want to help you."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:29 pm

A small smile pulled at that. A Duke of Hell was concerned about him. Very few people even in heaven was ever concerned about him. He was sttaight-laced, older, hard working, and seemed put together. A model angel aside from his underhanded moments of working for the benefit of heaven against his own safety. But even that was a model. Self-sacrifce.

"You don't need to worry about me. What happens to me is part of my own doing. Punishment for wrongs committed."

He placed a black suit on the bed. "You should be concerned about yourself. A lot must have happened in your absence. Have you made your reappearance known to Hell?"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:02 pm

"You'll come out of it all right, I'm sure." he said. "Heaven loves straight laced pencil pushers. Have you ever done anything fun ever?" he said a little playfully. He'd been cold, flat and depressed before his human lifetime, but now he'd learned to see a bit of joy in things and had a bit of his natural spark back. He had plenty of things he could think of that would be an absolute joy to partake in.

"Hahaha. No, I have not, not yet. I'm sure they will be absolutely thrilled to see me." He looked pleased at the idea of crashing a few of the other Duke's machinations with his return. He was, after all the one with eyes everywhere. It was much harder to get away with things with Lawrence running his eye network right across the universe. He'd need to get it back to full capacity as soon as possible.

"Don't worry about me either, I didn't get to be a Duke by being a pushover, with my power back I've got nothing to be afraid of any longer." he looked Melvin over. "If you ever consider Falling, do give me a call though. " he looked as if he was amused by a private joke. "Just whisper Invidia into a mirror a few times and I'll appear."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:05 pm

"Define fun? I find working fun. I find helping others fun. I don't know if you would consider it fun but I do." He said, moving into the bathroom to get another towel and reentering to drying himself off.

"I'd never fall, Lawr. I made it a point not to do that. Too many of those dear to me are gone due to temptations. Good angels now lost to hell. I have not joined them. I will not join them." The last part sounded more like a personal conviction then a statement.

"If you are my friend, then you would not want me to fall."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:53 pm

"Oh I don't know, I find curiosity fun, shaking up the world just to see what happens. Pushing people to their limits to see when they snap, anything that involves experiments, taking risks. Material intercourse has a lot to be said for it, human music, food, magic, everything. There is plenty to be considered fun in the world, I wouldn't really class helping people under that umbrella though." he made a face. "Though I certainly know people who'd argue it was the most fun thing that there is. I like to mix it up, help or hinder, all of it is interesting."

He rolled his eyes at Melvin's dramatic recollection of his friends.

"Oh come now, that's a little mean, being fallen isn't all that bad." he said in a sweet tone. "When there's no further you can fall the only way is up. All your friends are there and they might be a little changed but they are still the angels you remember in a way." His moths fluttered a little nearer and he waved one away with his hand. "But." he said. "That's certainly fine, it doesn't matter to me either way, I just think you'd enjoy being loosened up a little."

He looked Melvin over, tempted in the moment to flip him, to force him to face who he'd be if he gave in to SIN, but he refrained, that much energy used on Earth would draw attention, and he didn't want that right now.
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:12 pm

"That's a lie. You can move up in Hell but not to Heaven. Just as I can fall, you cannot rise. I don't need to fuel Hell by feeding it with becoming a member. For my friends.........what does it say for their hope if everyone above failed to stay there?" There had to be at least someone left who could be there to help them rise back - if it was even possible. He didn't know what Tracey had with this Facility, But he had hope, and he was willing to risk it for that.

"Maybe if they punish me in Heaven for what I'm doing, then I'll see you one way or another." It would be not a direct choice.

He worked on a shirt and started to button it slowly. "I don't think I'm that boring. I'm just very busy."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:30 pm

"One day Hell might win and then it would be very possible to rise all the way to the top." He didn't look particularly invested either way. "But no, I admire your convictions, that's how you want to be. Strong of mind and opinion, clinging to something important. It's passionate. I like passion." he enjoyed it because it was something he couldn't fundamentally really experience, even now with a purpose he couldn't feel strongly about a cause, he couldn't feel like there was something he'd lay down his life for or endure great hardship. He wanted what other people had but he wanted it in a simple way.

"I never cared much for anything really. Things tend to be passing curiosities and interests, the next bright thing before I get bored again. Envy is boredom, it's having everything you want and yet nothing you want." he shrugged.

"Heaven wouldn't punish you well." he said. "They lost their best torturer. Now if they asked me to do it, you'd think falling was a mercy, not a mistake to be made." And there was an edge of madness in the way he looked at Melvin, just for a moment before his veneer of calm descended again.

"Oh come on, you are immortal, you have all of the time in the world and how much of that time do you set aside to do things you actually enjoy? What are your out of work hobbies really? Do you travel? Do you indulge? Are you a patron of the arts?"

Return to “Heaven”