[PRP] No Invitation Needed (Melvin/Lawr)

Heaven is an extensive realm split into numerous “levels”, considered in an upward direction in consideration of the concentration of power.
MoonKit

[PRP] No Invitation Needed (Melvin/Lawr)

Postby MoonKit Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:50 pm

He hadn't asked for much when he was recruited for the Facility. A workplace. His aquarium to be transported. He barely had any belongings as he moved so often to workplace to workplace and a few momentoes were a bit painful to keep around. The ones he couldn't part with were in a chest in his room.

The only other thing he requested for his private quarters was a wide, deep bath. Usually he didn't require a rest but he had been focusing on seal work a lot more ever since his visit with the duke. The work was draining on his reserves and he needed small naps to recharge enough to make other attempts.

Door locked, he had sank into the deep tub and let his form unfold and ravel out from the compressed human appearance. Fins splayed ooen and stuck out from the water. His tail flopped out of the tub and about the basin. It would have been nicer to have a swimming pool but it was deep enough to keep his lower half in the water and curl up, eyes closed as he laid in the water. Despite it not being as big as he could get, just feeling his body breath this way was relaxing enough.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [PRP] No Invitation Needed (Melvin/Lawr)

Postby Baneful Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:22 pm

Lawrence had his powers back and they were utterly impossible to describe. All the world was laid out before him, every realm, everywhere there was a reflection. He lived in the cracks of the world, in the middle of an impossible spider web of connection. It wasn’t omnipotence but it felt close. He was a universal voyeur and for his whole life that feeling had troubled him, always outside everything and doomed to have no control over what happened, for though he could see all things, he couldn’t travel in time, shackled to the present. He could skew vision, change perception and creatures but only going forward. Time was his master and he resented this fact.

It was harder to peruse the threads from Appleton, so far from his realm and castle, but he did it anyway, sitting between two mirrors. Indoors he wore his mask because his mask was important. He’d lost an eye but found with one eye damaged he saw with greater clarity, the imbalance leaning power into his skewed wyngs.

He would need to go back to hell soon and restore the balance of envy and cut down a few egos.

But first there was someone he’d promised to visit.

Stepping into a mirror he twisted through the linkways faster than light could dream of going. Without warning at all Melvin would find his bathroom occupied by the duke of envy who was dressed in loose white human clothes but who was also wearing his huge hooked mask and with a long elegant set of horns.

“Evening~” he said, taking a seat on the lid of the toilet.
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:28 pm

It was the sensation of him that woke Melvin else his deep sleep wouldn't have been lifted by the greeting. There was a jerk of motion as his back arched and the spined and fins spread out before it went still a moment. Then, all at once he rose up from the tub sending a wave of water rushing out in all directions before it pulled back and down into a drain.

Dripping the large creature twisted its serpentine body to focus its large, blue eyes before they dilated and shrank to slits. Melting like a popsicle in an kiln he reformed into the man had once met sans the clothes he usually wore and much redder in the features.

"What are you doing here?" He shouted, using the basin to hide himself as he looked at the demon. What was he doing here in the facikity, in his room, in his bathroom?!
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Lawrence looked over Melvin with the many, many eyes on his mask and didn't seem too concerned about the water. He'd be concerned if it got deep, but in a bathroom right now there wasn't too much to worry about.

"Well I said I'd come visit you when I got my powers back." he said matter of factly. "I remember. I remember every single thing, as well as what you did for me."

He smiled just a little bit sadly but it was concealed by the expressionless mask.

"I can see why I wanted to get away from it all, feeling like the bored janitor of the universe. I got to watch the creator's game but never really to /play/. "

He tilted his head at Melvin.

"Oh it's nothing I haven't seen before Melvin." he said.
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:56 am

Melvin still remained in the tub, covered by the basin wall from the chin down.

"That might be true but it doesn't change the fact it's not the...sort of image I want to present. Could you pass me a towel please."

"And yes....yes I suppose this Ros fellow did manage to do well in breaking the last piece of the seal. It is good nothing seems to be in the news about any sort of abnormal event so I take it must have went well enough. It's good to see you in one piece though..I would have picked another location."

"Is your friend okay?" He felt like his pride was hit in that even some angel with no experience in seals could even undo part of his seal but had to remind himself that the seal just needed a little push before it broke on it's own. Humbling himself, he pointed out that he shouldn't have any pride in the seal when it failed in the first place.

He only hoped an angel wasn't destroyed or injured as a result of faulty sealwork.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Lawrence didn't move to retrieve a towel, enjoying the power dynamic of having Melvin without clothes.

"Oh he didn't break it. I did. He was just there for..moral support. And helped me put my face back together afterwards." And to establish this he very carefully and somewhat reluctantly removed his helmet, showing the large sleek scar that went through one of his now-blind eyes. "I got off lightly because my human life was so short. Though I suppose lightly is a questionable term."

He put it back on.

"But you did nothing wrong with the seal. I had a feeling it would fail." he said shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm odd-wynged."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:52 pm

He nearly rose up at the confession of being odd-wynged but remained in the tub, the water still cold and inviting with the illusion if shelter.

"Why didn't you tell me that when making the seal. It had a hard enough time constructung something that could push back agasint the power you pisses but a unbalanced, fluxuating power is a constabt stressor for a seal to have to account for. It unravels quickly or even breaks violently under those conditions. I'm surprised it even lasted that long."

No angel would have taken the risk if they knew of that extra detail.

He frowned at the mark on his face.

"What will you even do now? Now that you are back to your previous state."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:16 pm

"I didn't tell you because then you wouldn't do it." he said almost boredly. "People are so very predictable and I know that no one who valued their reputation would try and create a seal that would hold across a set of odd wyngs. It's not like you could have prepared for it either, people hardly know anything about it, there aren't many test subjects. I know, because I've looked and I am very good at looking."

He shrugged.

"As for what I will do now, I suppose what I've always done. Envy. Also in no small part stirring up a bit of fun in the universe. I might even spend a little more time on Earth being completely normal. That's a bit of a laugh, right?" It was rare to hear Invidia in a good mood, but Lawrence certainly seemed more cheerful and potentially more dangerous.

"You should do more too." he said brightly. "With your little seals I'm sure there are some people you could help. Have you been to heaven lately?"
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:12 pm

It was something that couldn't be avoided or prevented. As a duke there was no doubting he would return to his duties and Melvin decided that 40 years at least allowed a lapse in his work and that was for the benefit of heaven and humans.

Little seals. It had the conotstion that they were more playthings and hobbied than the focus of his studies expanding centuries.

"I am viewed helpful elsewhere. It is not my place to demand where I go. I do not spend much time in heaven. It's not a place I visit that often. Why do you ask?"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Lawrence smirked at Melvin, still openly enjoying the view. "Well." he said.

"I am only newly back to the game. The very large, cosmic game of chess that is Heaven and Hell. But I already know things aren't all that they seem upstairs. There are less angels. Less people in general. It's not accidental. Something is going on."

He stretched. "I'm not interested in investigating what it is, but there are things happening. I suppose it's useful for you to be far from it. Hiding in your office. And the place your office is. It doesn't appear on any maps for heaven and hell either now does it?" he tapped his chin.

"I'd hate for you to be involved in anything considered rebellion."

Return to “Heaven”