[Facility] Grindstone (Melvin/??)

Heaven is an extensive realm split into numerous “levels”, considered in an upward direction in consideration of the concentration of power.
MoonKit

[Facility] Grindstone (Melvin/??)

Postby MoonKit Wed May 30, 2018 12:36 pm

Melvin had his office set up. More file cabinets had been brought in and he had gotten a few more fish for the tank along with a few more plants. Asode from the large tank, there was nothing else personal to the room. Even Melvin's desk was devoud if any knick knacks or trinkets of home or those he knew.

Ibstead, his desk was currently occupied by a few color coded file folders with neat little labels on the tabs in elegant script, a desk organizer filled with the office necessities, all manner of pens and highlighters, and a blue stapler. The angel was in a suit as he still wasn't sure about the rules of attire. There hadn't been a memo yet.

Adjusting his glasses, he worked on the laptop while checking a folder beside him. A cup of coffee was half empty beaide him.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [Facility] Grindstone (Melvin/??)

Postby Baneful Wed May 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Lawrence was still getting to grips with what he even was and still hadn't at all confronted the reflection self that seemed to haunt the edge of his vision when he wasn't paying full attention to what he was doing. The other self had been strong enough to pull his children to him, and he didn't doubt that it was capable of much more besides. He tried not to think about it.

Only there was the fact trying not to think about it didn't mean that it couldn't do anything.

He found this out the hard way. His assumption that it would only do small things unfounded. In the floor length mirror in the bedroom he saw another place, another room he'd never been in and out of curiosity he reached out to touch it.

And realised he was in the room, and there was someone else there. He'd just materialised, what looked like a very lost short blonde human but with an unmistakable bracelet on his left wrist. He froze like a deer in the headlights.

"Erk." he said.
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Wed May 30, 2018 2:32 pm

The clacking of a keyboard was heard as Lawr appeared in the office. A bubbling fishtank stood illuminated behind the blonde as he worked at his desk. Adjusting his glasses a moment, he was about to resume his work without noticing him before he caught the glimmer of a foreign object in the room. He expected and angel or demon. He expected paperwork or a nuisance.

He did not expect to see the duke.

The color vanished from him as he shot up and back away from him, eyes saucers as he stood in shock at what he was seeing or, for a moment, hallucinating.

Gasping, he looked about for anything to confirm this as reality before he looked back at the man. "Wh-What are you doing here?!"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed May 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Lawrence was not at all expecting the response he got from the man, startled out of his own shock by the fear response he got. He wasn't a very imposing man, slight and short with a frail build and rather flimsy appearance. He wasn't used to people seeming intimidated by him. He didn't much care for it. He moved away a little bit, feeling that somehow the reflection of the fish tank had been something to do with how he'd gotten there but with no idea why or how.

"I don't know." he said. "I was at home!" He looked at the door anxiously as if considering escape. "I was home just minding my own business and then I was here." He didn't feel like mentioning the mirror was a good idea.

"I'm Lawrence Weiman." he said helpfully. "Please don't hurt me, I think I need to go to the relevant authorities. Are we close to Appleton?"

At least the office spoke of someone who might not want to hit him.
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Wed May 30, 2018 5:38 pm

He stared back just as sho ked to see the demon retreat back and look just as afraid. Inside, Melvin had been debating if he was having a vision or going insane, but also wondered if the duke had broken free of his bounds and was seeking vengence towards those that had sealed him. He surely wasn't sealed if he could appear here in the facility before him.

Swallowing, it took some time to absorb what the other said and he tried to connect the dots quickly.

He still thought he was Lawrence. Human. Appleton. Last known location. It could be a trick. How did he know?

But if it wasn't he had to suppress anything that might recall his former life.

"No. We....." He had to pretend to be human to, amd provide an explaination for him.

"Sit down, please? If you try and leave you might get hurt by security. I wouldn't want that to happen." He didn't want the other angels or demons to know anything actually.

"It seems we are both shaken up by.....whatever is going on." He took his own seat from where it had fallen over and set it upright again.

Deep breathes.

"I'm Melvin." Surely he woukdn't know that name. Not at that time. His eyes glanced at the braxelt and back to him. He still had it on. Something was wrong. He wanted to call Tracey. Would....he had to deliever Lawrence back home?
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed May 30, 2018 7:14 pm

Melvin. The name was known to him, accompanied by flashes of memory, echoes of desperation and being at his wits end. He squinted as if it pained him, trying to remember. He had recalled a lot over the time since meeting Rodney, but some things remained painfully out of reach, and the sensation of not remembering his own life was highly, highly distressing.

“I know you.” He said weakly. “But I don’t know where from.”

He sat down, if only because he felt woozy trying too hard to recall and felt drained on top of that from whatever he’d accidentally done to end up here.

“Probably from before I was a human.”

He gave the other man a keen look. “Are you a Host?” Because Rodney had explained Hosts. He’d also explained how many people in heaven and hell would want him dead if they knew who he was. “And am I in danger?”
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Thu May 31, 2018 12:36 pm

He sat there, quiet.

"Depends on what you want to do." He said slowly.

He paused as if wondering what to tell him. "I'm not a Host." He said.

"What do you remember of me?"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Thu May 31, 2018 12:54 pm

He gave Melvin an irritable look, his pale blue eyes flashing. He didn't like having to admit that he had enormous gaps in his memory all that much. It made him feel rather vulnerable and a bit stupid.

"I only remember fragments. I remember anger and pain and a decision I made. Something... " he clenched his hands as if it hurt to think. "..something important? I can't remember. I needed you and I don't know why that was either."

He looked at his wrist, the one with the bracelet and could do nothing but look through it. It was as if the closer he got to the present the more hazy things got. He could remember his time in heaven and his time in Hell, but something had changed and like haze it crept into the closer memories, fogging them. It was like trying to remember a past life when it was too close to his present life.

"I know you aren't human though. I dealt with humans a lot different, I don't think I'd ever have asked for one for help."

He touched his wrist subconsciously. "You know something about what I'm missing, I think."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Thu May 31, 2018 1:08 pm

"I'm not human." He confirmed, disliking how aware to energies Lawr was. It wasn't a good sign. How long before all their hard work shattered?

"Whatever you are finding and what you are asking are things you don't want. You should stop and stop being perceptive of these outer elements around you. Settle back into your life and resist any compulsions to do anything strange like....well this." He said, concerned for both their well-beings.

"It's dangerous for us to even talk." And he knew there were few he could even ask for help. A few had been promoted from the sealing long ago and wouldn't risk their standings on associating themselves in such a scandal espeically if it looked like it failed.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Thu May 31, 2018 7:22 pm

"I don't think you are human. Even if you look like a nerd." he said. "Which means that I'm not on Earth probably, right?" he looked concerned about this more than anything else.

It was also really easy for someone to say he should just stop thinking about things or resist compultions, but another thing to be faced with them every single day of his life. "I can't ignore it!" he said angrily "It just happens, I don't control it. I looked in the mirror and then I was here and I don't know why that is." He crossed his arms.

"If it's dangerous for us to talk them take me home." he said. "Or show me how to get there."

Return to “Heaven”