PRP - Luke and see

Earth is the world, almost exactly as you and I know it today, it huddles in its galaxy oblivious to the forces which war over its inhabitants. It has many capital cities (which I will not patronise you by listing here) and a long and bloody history. The influences of heaven and hell have been subtle and nuanced over the years but manifest in any number of places.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: PRP - Luke and see

Postby Baneful Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 am

Luke sauntered into the kitchen to retrieve a glass, tucking the little griffin into his shirt pocket as he went.

“We did what we were created to do, and then when we were set free we tried our best to continue in that way. Not all of us succeeded of course, but that too was simply what we became. Nothing is perfect except the divine.”

He fished out a glass from the cupboard. “There were seven of us, like the seven virtues or sins. Seven is important to Hosts, but in those days we were The Seven. Me, Uriel, Michael, Metatron, Beelzebub and Lucifer.”

He smiled a little weakly. “Bet you’ve never heard those last two were archangels, but they were.”

In spite of his strong feelings about humanity, Luke in this instance didn’t fill the glass with tap water, instead he laid both hands on the glass and it filled of its own accord by magic.

“As for why here, I wanted somewhere close to Appleton, so I could still look after my grandkids, but also wanted some space to spread my wings and a nice big lake nearby to teach the kids to fish. I like fishing.”

He returned to the living room and extended the glass to Melvin. The water looked cleaner somehow than normal, less imperfect. If Melvin sipped it the effect was immediate, that sense of mending and healing power he’d felt in Luke’s hand condensed in the glass, smoothing over his pains and easing him in general.

“Maybe you could come out on the lake with us sometime, or to church, Matt and I still attend weekly.”
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:14 pm

The more he listened to Luke (though inwardly Melvin couldn't help the name Raphael ringing in his mind), he felt more and more untethered from firm facts he was given since his creation. Beelzebub. Lucifer. He hadn't known they were archangels. Just angels. He sank a little more in the chair and shook his head that he hadn't know. "I'm starting to wonder what I do know now,"

The water was appreciated and typically he would drink it all in one e go but stopped when he saw the glass. Tentatively, he took a sip and felt it wash over his person. It was strange to feel magic brush against his being and absorb when he had been feeling restrained and in turn raw from the collar. It radiated cool through him and coupled with the house it made him want to curl up and sleep.

"This is wonderful. You have been too kind to me. I didn't know how off I was till I came here. I wouldn't mind going fishing with your family if it wouldn't be a bother. Considering I'm now adopting a human lifestyle, I'll have more time than usually that will need to be occupied. I'd go stircrazy otherwise."

He took another sip and foundly ran his fingers across the glass. "Does Levi dislike you because of the reason of his creation? Was he not partly an angel when he was born? How did you hide him from your brothers and sisters?"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:00 pm

"History is always written by the people left behind, a lot has been quietly not spoken about long enough that it has fallen out of memory."

He smiled though at Melvin agreeing to come along. "Well, there's plenty to do in the human realm, and I wouldn't want you to suffer for no reason just because of a mistake you made."

He frowned a little and looked thoughtful about the question about Lawrence. "I'm not entirely sure of all the reasons why he dislikes me if I'm honest, it is complex." He sat down on the chair by the fire, resuming his smoking and setting the little griffin in his lap. "His birth was complicated and almost killed me, I wasn't able to be fully present in the beginning, when I suppose it is normally important to be around. He wasn't really a Host either. As much as Lars here looks animalistic, he is a Host and will be able to take on other shapes soon enough. Levi had no other shapes than what he was, and he began to grow at an exponential rate. It would be impossible to conceal him from heaven under most circumstances. I had to take him to the oceans of chaos and leave him there. The larger he got the less..sentient he became and more monstrous. After a while he was almost impossible to tell from the other beasts that wander the oceans out there. I suppose because of that he feels like I abandoned him, and also that I crippled him with my ambitions. Our relationship has always been... a bit of a nightmare."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:53 pm

He considered this news with a somber attempt at understanding as far as his own experiences would allow. He couldn't fully imagine being an abyssal born from the start and without any of your kind around to grow up with. No guidance to give you answers and make sure you didn't stray. No direction to state your purpose and reason for creation.

"Do you dislike what he has become? A Duke of Hell after you yourself were an archangel?"

Or did that no longer matter?

"I'm sorry. I'm prying. I suppose what is done is done. Eing a demon can't be reversed. Not as far as we have found." Though he hoped his time at the Facility would have helped in that direction.

He took another sip from the glass, wanting to savor it as long as he could.

"Do you have any advice on what I can do right now while being Touched? Anything I should worry about coming my way?"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:42 pm

"That too, is complicated." he said after a few moments thought. And it was, it was really, really complicated. His relationship to the divine was ancient and powerful, and in spite of what he'd been through he persisted in the hope that one day he'd get to return home properly. Lawrence though, he'd always been complicated, and perhaps he'd never been able to be truly part of heaven anyway. He'd been an exile and had joined what was essentially the other exiles.

"I'm just happy when he's happy." he said. "I don't like that he hurts people or that he makes humans suffer, but at the same time I can't control him and wouldn't want to. He needs to make his choices for the right reasons or they aren't choices at all."

Luke looked thoughtful. "The worst of what you would need to fear is at least capped if Levi has a collar on you, you won't be able to devastate the humans. You'll still lose time though, and at times you'll lose reality. All you can do is take it a day at a time and keep yourself as occupied as possible, find something to appreciate and some friends to appreciate it with." And he smiled again gently. "And you are always welcome here."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 pm

He held the glass as he stared at the surface. "I worry that with that comes a unreliability to my life. I'm trying to work to maintain my own living. I don't think most jobs would tolerate suddenly vanishing from time to time and having to come up with excuses as to why I never called into work with a reason and vanish on occasion. I doubt that if that is what will happen will be controlled to set days. I also don't want to accidentally do something that would ruin my reputation in this town and by extension yours if I should be seen with you. I worry with what magic I do have will still be able to harm a human being. They are incredibly fragile. You and Levi both have experience with your ailment. I feel more like a flight risk to those who are allowing me to stay here."

"If something should happen, I want to make it clear that I give full permission to allow whatever action is necessary to preserve the peace and well-being of this place and the residents here."

He finished the glass.

"I have asked you a lot of questions. is there anything I can answer in return? Or offer?"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:41 am

"Noted." Luke said. "We'll keep them and you safe for the most part, we have the power to do so, so there's that much we can assure."

He leaned back in his chair and stretched his shoulders. "There's nothing much I need, I've made a happy little place here. I guess the only thing I could ask you that I haven't seen for myself is if heaven is still beautiful. The most beautiful place. It has been a very long time since I laid eyes on it."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:03 pm

He stared back, struck with the realization that once you were hiding from heaven, you could never see heaven again. The very idea had somehow missed him in the sudden rush of the past few weeks and he only noticed it now in full force. He would never see heaven again for the rest of his life if he never became cured.

"It's - It's still wonderful. The place still sings with it's radiate magesty and it's spires unchanging since back as far as I can remember remain unblemished and firm in place. Aside from maybe a few more additions it hasn't changed much at all since I first set my own eyes upon them. Though I can only attest to how far above I can see before the light risks my own being. I am sure you have possibly seen much higher."

He set the glass on the table on a coaster. "I -suppose I will have to preserve my own memory of it. I forgot somehow that I won't be admitted there again unless I can find a cure." And Raphael didn't seem optimistic. He had far more time then him to find an answer and had not.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:12 am

Luke seemed pleased by this description, smiling in a distant sort of way. His love for heaven was deep and unshakable. “That’s good to hear, I miss it dearly. The higher levels are so impossible to describe, they stop being places and become sensations, inspiration, ideas.”

He gave Melvin a reassuring nod. “But never forget we are Hosts, we have an incredible amount of time on our hands, we might return one day there’s always a Plan and neither of us are fallen yet.” In spite of the abyssal corruption they were angels and that meant something.

“Sometimes answers present themselves when least expected.”
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:47 pm

He nodded, smiling softly in agreement. "If it is one thing I have, it's faith. I am glad you share the same despite the many years. It's deeply inspiring." He admitted.

"Can I ask, where would it be safest to allow an abyssal to vent? I have little idea what it could do or how long it would take to regain hold of myself if I let it slip. Should I take measures to lock myself somewhere? If I can maintain normalcy on a schedule that would keep myself from loosing time then I think it's best I get used to this idea when the time comes in order to prepare."

Return to “Earth”