[The Facility] Weak

Purgatory is the only completely neutral realm in existence. Bordering all realms it is the central hub between Heaven, Hell and Earth. This is where the Nephilim partially live out their day to day lives though understandably many prefer Earth to the desolate and often hostile landscape.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [The Facility] Weak

Postby Baneful Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:12 pm

Lawrence turned around as the most tumultuous of the agony seemed to abate, looking Melvin over without criticism. The pain drew away like a curtain raising, leaving only the tight restrained feeling that would become the new normal over time.

He extended a hand to help him up.

"That's the worst of it." he said. "It's a lot worse if a crude or inexperienced demon places it upon you. I'm good at it." He knew because he'd spent a very long time as one of heaven's torturers and had learned very interesting ways to use the collars to maximum effect.

"You'll still have enough magic to do whatever basic things you need to, including your work, you just won't be able to go all out."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:32 pm

He was dizzy and warm from it all but at last it felt as if the inner torment had abated as if it grew bored with it or satsfied. Pale and in a cold sweat, he took the offered help. Several seals on his person had broken, interrupted by the Sin or no longer fed the magic required to hold them as firmly as before. Key points in his magic shifted or locked that served as ancor points for the seal. He went back to sitting, his clothes torn but luckily still holding together and in the places he deemed most vital.

Taking deep breathes, he regained a weak focus and conciousness to be able to hear and comprehend Lawr's words. A hand ran through his wet hair and he picked up his glasses from the chair where they fell. "I suppose warning me beforehand would have made me more hesitant to put it on."

Though a warning would have been nice.

"Don't see me needing to shield against another abysal. So no need for large seals. And heaven won't need that. Since I'm dead." He said, panting out the sentences as he breathed. He felt far too drained and nauseous that talking felt like a struggle.

"I feel like a child. Relying on so many. If that is silly. I shouldn't be so prideful."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:14 pm

"Yes, I assumed that telling you the acute details of the process might discourage you a little." he said. "I'm glad you chose to go through with it though, I will take care of you, you are safe with me, as safe as it is possible for someone in your position to be." And he found himself rather satisfied by the situation, Melvin moved closer to his life and much easier to observe than before. His disappearance from the facility would be noted by those who held sway there and he wanted them to note it. Melvin had skills that were far more useful than even he realised.

"And there is no need for pride here, I value your dignity. You are as you always were and there will be resources for you to draw upon." he smiled a little more softly. "And humans are great!" he said. "There's a zoo, where they keep other animals in cages just to look at them? Animals watching animals, for no reason. The humans here are extra heavenly too so you should find the additional LIFE energy helpful for your condition."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:50 am

He closed his eyes, feeling drained and uncomfortable. It was like being forced to wear a hot and itchy turtleneck sweater and woolen pants when you lived your life being naked. Even now, despite knowing it was best for him, he wanted to push against the restriction and try to break it.

"That sounds nice." He said, feeling overly hot and wondering what kind of tub this new house of his had. Despite how tired he was, his mind and body were sluggishly anxious and unsure of this new instability in life.

"So.........how do you live here? All these nice people. All this Life. Do you eat elsewhere?" He asked, not bothering to pry his eyes open at this point. Tired but wanting to talk. Like restless children whispering to each other well past being tucked in for bed.

He breathed sharply for a open, opening his eyes when he remembered a email and then, back to reality, reminded himself where he was and what he did and slowly closed his eyes again.

It would be hard to sleep.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:27 pm

Lawrence thought there was something beautiful about suffering, something truly fascinating about someone uncomfortable and unhappy. Melvin was always a glittering jewel of emotions.

"I don't mind the LIFE." Lawrence said. "It's not to levels where it could hurt me ambiently. But yes, I eat elsewhere. There's nothing to eat in Appleton, if all the world was like this place, I'd starve. As it is though, the world is an absolute network of SIN. I am the patron saint of con artists, of the jealous and vengeful and of the traitorous, there's no end of food for me. For you Appleton will help keep the abyssals at bay. They dislike the light, they can't whisper in the ears of the pure as well. Nothing hurts them so much as angelic fire."

He crossed his arms behind his head.

"My dad's boy toy is a very old fire angel, he might be able to help too. I'd speak to him a bit as well. There might be saving you yet."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:34 pm

He cringed at the expression of 'boy toy' but was more uneased by yet more angels having to tend to his clumpsy corruption. He placed a hand to his head, the world once again swimming with everything happening too fast.

He never felt this tired. Or maybe he just forgot a state of tired he wouldn't distraction with work.

"So many angels." He commented. "I never was too particular to angelic fire. Too many zealous soldiers I knew had that element, but if he is willing then again I would be grateful."

He smiled a little as he wiped his wet brow with the back of his hand. "A Duke of Hell gathering angels to save a angel. You are very peculiar, Lawr. The thought of your actions makes my head spin. You have been kinder to me than many angels have."

He breathed out. "This collar already feels tight."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Lawrence looked at Melvin and felt his hands clench of their own volition. At the mention of the tightness of the collar there was a desire to squeeze, to give the angel a taste of true asphyxiation and that thought of him on his knees begging without words for mercy made something stir in him. He’d always loved suffocation, all of it reminding him of that drowning sensation of breathing something that wasn’t air. Air had never felt right, a travesty in his imitation lungs.

He gave Melvin a keen stare, able to feel the nuances of his magic, the way it ebbed and flowed with difficulty through the disruption he’d placed there.

“Oh it’ll do that.” He breathed. “It’ll feel tighter if you fight it.”

He tried to draw away from impatient thoughts of want and satisfaction and focused instead on the compliment, giving the angel a smile. “I’m the Duke of Hell no one tells you about. Im probably more angelic than a lot of angels. I find I can do more good from below than I ever could from above.”

And god help them, some people believed that when he said it.
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:37 pm

"I'll try and not fight that instinct then." He said as he slowly sat up.

"I think - that I should lay down a moment. If you do not mind. I haven't felt so much has happened in a day without me actually working in forever. I'll need to make a new set of tasks for myself when I have the energy for it." Not that he didn't have it before but the collar denied him that along with draining him from it's placement.

He wanted to tug on it like an uncomfortable turtleneck.

"If you are able to give me a way to contact your father or give him a good word on my behalf. I'd like to set up something once I'm settled."

He wanted to lay in the bathtub and sleep for a while.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:47 pm

"Rest is probably in order." he said gently, feeling that when he started thinking the kind of things he'd found himself thinking a minute ago that it was best to leave Melvin to his own devices. "Take as long as you need, it's a big change and will likely take some time to settle in."

"As for contact, he has one of my mirrors. I'll give you a link to his. Your bathroom mirror will respond to some commands, contacting people is one of them, and myself if need be." He didn't elaborate on why he'd chosen the bathroom mirror, but he didn't think he needed to.

"You are safe here and I'll always be close by. You won't hurt anyone, so you can relax a little, I imagine it has been a long time since you were able to."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:23 pm

"I think the relaxation might be harder to deal with than the collar." He said with a smile before rising up.

"Then - I suppose I'll see you in a few days. After I recover. If you have an reason to see me or talk, then I extend the same to you. I would welcome your company." He said, and gave a curt nod to Lawr.

He paused a moment, trying to decipher where the bathroom of the house might be, and then picked a direction and, touching the walls for support, went to find a place to lay down.

Return to “Purgatory”