[The Facility] Weak

Purgatory is the only completely neutral realm in existence. Bordering all realms it is the central hub between Heaven, Hell and Earth. This is where the Nephilim partially live out their day to day lives though understandably many prefer Earth to the desolate and often hostile landscape.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [The Facility] Weak

Postby Baneful Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:19 pm

There was the briefest flicker of..something in Lawr's many eyes. It might have been dissapointment.

He sighed. "Well, if you say so." he said. There was no way to tell that someone was abyssal touched until it really got its claws into them, until it was too late and they were only half of themselves. He couldn't make Melvin tell him anything, only hope that he was telling the truth to him. He hadn't really thought about the potential for corruption when he took Melvin to the city, the ambient corruption would never have been enough to corrupt an angel of his standing. He hadn't been expecting to draw something in, nor have to enlist Melvin's help against it.

He'd made a lot of mistakes and he still couldn't fully relax into relief the way he wanted to.

"Being exhausted doesn't explain the seals everywhere in here." he said coolly. "And on you. You say you are recovering from exhaustion by exhausting yourself with large ancient seals. It doesn't add up. But who am I to question anything eh?" he said, moving away from Melvin and crossing his arms, looking at the books.

"As for the child." he seemed to think about this. "Children are awful, you should get rid of it."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:21 pm

It was easily caught and he felt the instant shame and guilt that came with the clear facts that Lawr noticed. It wasn't a direct scolding, but it was a very telling statement that Lawr was insulted by the angel, and he felt terrible for it.

Of course the lie made no sense.

The curt and blunt way that Lawr dismissed the child, only what Melvin dragged out as a segway away from his own misery, was not surprising. Demons weren't notorious for being nurturing. It was trail by sometimes literal fire as they grew.

Quiet, he set his elbows on the table and placed his hands in his hair.

"I'm sorry....I......I just don't want anyone to know." He whispered, a cold settling back into him dread weaved a million thoughts of what could happen to him. Death. Exile. Experimentation. Corruption. Each one worse then the next.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:34 pm

As Melvin crumpled like a cardboard box in the rain Lawrence felt his own hopes of getting out of this thing the easy way also washing away. He wasn't used to having to try and fix things that were his fault, nor if some things could be fixed at all. Still, here there was a desire to fix it, and even if there wasn't actual guilt or responsibility, at least he was going to help.

"Wow." he said, whistling. "Well, firstly that's terrible and you are right not wanting anyone to know. Secondly, as far as people who should know, I"m very high on the list because I'm in the unique position of knowing someone who is Touched myself. As well as possibly being one of the Dukes with the most understanding of Abyssals out there. Thirdly, even with everything I know I don't know if there is any cure. Living with it might be your only option. Fourthly, it will get worse, even with seals, even with things combating it, Fifthly, you can't stay here."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:59 pm

The list went from hopeful. Lawr was a Duke, but he didn't state anything that said he would try to kill him. Regardless of Lawr being touched himself, that didn't mean he felt any loyalties to anyone else who was touched, let alone some angel that had failed to seal him ages ago. Even now, Melvin didn't know what exactly they were doing talking to each other. It wasn't exactly guilt or even an attempt to reseal Lawr, but had just developed in tolerating a presence and - strangely enough - allowing himself the ability to be taken to places and learn things that were otherwise restricted or not made available to him. Or maybe he was just convincing himself that it had some importance and value in it. Maybe he was doing it for the sake of his own selfishness in order to see how a Duke thought. Regardless of how angels felt about demons, the higher elites of either side were fascinating and the topic of much gossip and history. How did someone like that operate? What did they know? What did they do? Most of all, why would someone like that act once having lived as a human and what had lead them to requesting a seal? Those questions burned in him even while he knew the folly in being too near to a flame.

But the hopeful list soon turned alarming.

It will get worse.

His attention flickered up as this was said. "Worse?" It had been some time and he felt he had already reached the peak. That it had stagnated surely enough with all the work he placed upon himself.

You can't stay here.

The last had him dropping his hands, rising up form his seat. "I have to stay here. I - I promised to work in the facility. I'm needed here. I can't just abandon my position." He said, alarmed by what Lawr was saying.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:08 am

Lawr raised a hand to silence Melvin.

“You can’t stay here.” He repeated. “Whoever runs this place, whoever you work for will kill you, no question. You are an immediate threat to this whole facility and everyone in it.”

He gestured grandly around them.

“When it progresses far enough the abyssal infecting you will be able to use you to act through. You are a threat to everyone including your little adopted demon. Abyssals want the destruction of everything in the material realms. Maybe you can come back if you get better.” Though he didn’t think Melvin would ever get better.

“Right now.” He said “You are an exile from both Heaven and Hell and should immediately start behaving as such if you don’t want to end up dissected. He gave Melvin a very severe sort of look.

“So pack up your things, give your delegation orders, do what you have to, because you can’t stay here any longer. I’ll either bring you to Appleton or you can go your own way, go to Malarif if you want, anywhere, but here they can and will kill you.”
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:47 am

He slowly sank to his chair as he stared at Lawr as the situation settled in. Turning, he looked all around and found the prospect of abandoning his work almost sickening. What was he to do now? He had always worked for Heaven with the utmost passion and determination. Now he would need to leave it all as an act of protection and self preservation. The poor boy would be abandoned again but their were plenty of people here to attend to him and they hadn't been with each other long to form any deep connection.

Head in his hands, he nodded reluctantly. " You're right. If I must."

His eyes flickered back to Lawr. " Would Rodney tolerate me there? He could report me. It is his territory and responsibility it seems to keep his town safe. I would jeapordize that." Maube he should be elsewhere. Somewhere remote like the leperd of old and devote his life to study.

That idea felt noble but even he knew that as lonely as he felt now at times, it would be maddening to go that way.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:52 pm

"Rodney won't report you." he said with certainty. "Reporting you would end up in attention on me, my children and family that no one wants. My father is living there right now and he's Touched. I'm a hybrid and therefore my children have abyssal in them too. It would get all of us killed if they caught us, so frankly no one is going to report you. As for being a threat, I have protected Appleton with my own wards, it is Rodney's established territory, it is possibly one of the safest places on Earth at the moment. You can live there and maintain a comfortable life while we assess this problem of yours. You have the advantage of seals, that's good."

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's a town, we could potentially get you a house there if need be, space for your books and so on. You are able to behave convincingly human too which is a perk, not a lot of Hosts are acclimatised." He thoughtfully eyed him. "Power limiters might be worth using though, once you get some seals set up, that way even if you get possessed, the damage you can do is limited."

"And there is a few big lakes near Appleton too." he said. "Which should be safe if you need to stretch your shape at some point, some people find human forms claustrophobic." and he looked into space for a moment.
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:59 pm

"That all sounds very reasonable." He said, finding it hard to argue with that point.

"it just all feels.....so very sudden." He looked about the room again and breathed out. Not one to be idle long, he slowly got up to start picking up books off the ground. "I suppose I should start now and get everything gathered. I'll have to tell my friend that I could not do what he asked of me by working here. I can only hope he won't be too disappointed. I'll leave him some referrals to other angels I have worked with. I'm sure they will do fine."

And work could continue along without him. That was what was important.

He just wasn't sure what he would possibly do in a human town that he wasn't just passing through on one project or another.

Books in hand, he pressed them to his chest and turned. "Thank you. For not alerting anyone here. I'm sure regardless of being touched a Duke could find a way to do it if he wanted to. You continue to surprise me."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:12 pm

Lawrence gave Melvin a look of slight concern. "I'd be careful with your friend. This place is top secret, I'm not sure how easily you will get to walk away from your commitments but we'll see I suppose. I'll give you some time to pack if you like, I can come back if you want at a time of your choosing."

It looked like he wasn't about to get packing help from Lawrence.

"And you interest me. I think you are entertaining. That's why you are still alive."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:24 pm

"Uhh....right. Well, I suppose that is something then." He said, forcing a smile at that rather disappointing reasoning and reminder that he was talking to a demon.

"I'll be finished in I'd say possibly 3 hours time. I do not own much. I just want to make sure my work is in order and everything is set to keep running without much in the way of hiccups." He paused as he looked at his fishtank. It would be much to large to take with him. He touched it affectionately.

"I can see you there in my room at that time if that is alright. I'd like to see Rashal one last time as well."

Return to “Purgatory”