[PRP] What shall we do now?

Earth is the world, almost exactly as you and I know it today, it huddles in its galaxy oblivious to the forces which war over its inhabitants. It has many capital cities (which I will not patronise you by listing here) and a long and bloody history. The influences of heaven and hell have been subtle and nuanced over the years but manifest in any number of places.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [PRP] What shall we do now?

Postby Baneful Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:31 pm

Lysander grinned and couldn't help but laugh, mimicking his voice as he quoted him. "Your purpose. You are always so serious Ros. It's almost cute sometimes." He seemed to have forgotten his misery in the moment. "I appreciate it, appreciate you going further than just a planner, though I don't know if I saved your life, that's a bit of a leap, that's too fancy for me. I mostly /burden/ people's lives. But it's fine, they get over it."

"I'm glad you came out here though, I don't think I could deal with it on my own. I've been having weird dreams, things like that. I think it's stress. I think I needed a break."
Toshi

Postby Toshi Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:23 am

Roswell went to stand next to him, small at his shoulder, but overlooking the rolling moors.

"Perhaps we could do some hunting, sir," he suggested. "Dreams of what nature?"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Lysander closed his eyes, reaching for the memory of the dreams.

"Just.. really weird ones. Like. I mean I didn't used to remember my dreams, but now I do. Usually it's here, usually it's almost real. I'm like walking around the house. I can see myself asleep in the bed. Things are weird, different and yet the same. It is creepy, and every time it happens its like a nightmare, I feel like I'm in danger the whole time."

He rubbed his forehead. "I think it's stress, it has to be stress. The other dreams are weird too. A forest, huge and dark, reaching on as far as I can see. There are shapes and things and it's all...it's really real too."

"I don't know if I'd like hunting." he said. "It's the hurting animals part that gets me. Maybe we could just chase some animals a bit."
Toshi

Postby Toshi Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:16 am

Roswell smiled a little. "Perhaps, then, we'd better just stick to riding, sir. If you only want to take in the scenery." He looked at Lysander for just a little too long, and then back out onto the estate. "The countryside is beautiful."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:28 am

Lysander nodded. "It is. I like it here, I always have, there's something kind of freeing about the landscape, as if I could walk out of here and just go live out there. Part of it all, never need to worry about divorces or daughters again." But like he'd said earlier, he didn't think that the lack of creature comforts would really suit him at all.

He retrieved his saddle and started to fit it to his horse, carefully adjusting the girth and finding his thoughts wandering a little as he tightened and adjusted every polished leather strap to perfection.

"I'm glad you are here though." he said. "I feel like I can draw strength from you Ros. Even in those dreams, when I saw you asleep nearby I knew I was safe."
Toshi

Postby Toshi Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:45 am

"I wouldn't let anything happen to you," Roswell said softly. "Not if it was within my power."

It was a sore point, still, that he hadn't been able to save Lysander's marriage, or the custody for his daughter, and that his involvement had even been used against Lysander, as if his actions weren't an extension of Lysander's will, as if his time and love had only been a detriment.

He went to Aleister's stall, trying not to be nervous around the enormous horse, which paid him little mind.

"I'm glad you've kept him. I know you trade them, occasionally. He's the only one I've ever felt half-comfortable with."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:00 am

"I kept him because you get along well with him." he said softly. "There's not much use for his level of calm, he's more a school horse than anything else, but at this point we'll probably just keep him for ever." His own horse was huge and hot blooded and fidgeted, but he held it firm without much effort, always prone to a commanding presence with equines.

"And I know you wouldn't, you are the only person in the whole world who really seems to see me and really care about me.Er. I mean.. in a business sense obviously."

He hitched his horse temporarily and moved to help place the tack on Roswell's, giving the horse a friendly clap on the neck.

"I'd just be really lonely on my own. Sad state of affairs really when you pay your friends."
Toshi

Postby Toshi Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:24 am

"For me," Roswell repeated fondly. "Of course I care for you. ...And I don't think it's sad at all," Roswell said. "I'm not unhappy." He helped Lysander with the horse's things, feeling...honestly content, and warm. Their hands brushed as they both approached the task together.

"I haven't had a use for friends, outside of work. I prefer it that way. But just because the relationship is professional doesn't mean it isn't warm."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:31 am

Lysander always found tacking up horses a little bit distracting, all the stretched leather, straps and jingling steel a little bit erotic. Both of them working together had the placid animal kitted out in very little time.

"I don't mind money obviously, and at least it helps with the feeling of obligation and guilt. I'm not forcing you to be here, I'm paying you appropriately to be here."

Turning to Roswell he gave him a smile. "Do you need a hand up?"
Toshi

Postby Toshi Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:38 am

"How long do you think you would like to ride, sir?" Roswell asked, similarly distracted and for very similar reasons. "Although I'm normally...restrained, regarding these matters, I think today I could ride for a good distance."

Return to “Earth”