[PRP] What shall we do now?

Earth is the world, almost exactly as you and I know it today, it huddles in its galaxy oblivious to the forces which war over its inhabitants. It has many capital cities (which I will not patronise you by listing here) and a long and bloody history. The influences of heaven and hell have been subtle and nuanced over the years but manifest in any number of places.
Baneful
General Tyrant

[PRP] What shall we do now?

Postby Baneful Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Lysander had always felt like something about him wasn’t quite right. He knew he was adopted, his parents had been honest about it when he was old enough as well as being honest about the fact that it changed nothing about their love for him. He’d dealt with it well he felt, after all his brother was also adopted and was very clearly the favourite.

Lysander felt loved, he just didn’t feel like he /belonged/. The Astorias were high powered influential businessesmen and women. Lysander preferred spending time with the horses. He wasn’t really interested in business if he was honest, or any of the trappings of it and the only thing which had kept him from telling his parents this fact was that he knew they’d be disappointed in him.

He didn’t get along with his siblings either. It wasn’t like they fought, it was nothing so passionate as that, they just had never really clicked in personality or hobbies. They were always so driven and he just wasn’t. He found board meetings boring and wasn’t a fan of sales either. So they drifted apart. It wasn’t malicious.

In university he’d made a genuine effort to get involved and had ended up with a wife and daughter who also, like sand through his fingertips, grew further and further away from him. He was surprised when she filed divorce against him anyway, wounded that it had gone so far without him noticing that it had. He loved his daughter but in the end even he’d agreed that it was fine she went with her mother, what was the point in fighting?

He tried to keep up with her life, but it was fleeting and every time he saw her she seemed older while he didn’t feel any older at all. He’d fallen off the horses a few times but he’d never even had a scratch. People thought he was lucky.

The months after the divorce were hard, and though he’d never really taken time off the job he hated, he did then, at his father’s concerned request, going to spend some time hunting and fishing at the estate in Scotland where he’d grown up.

He brought his secretary, because he could, because in the end the only people he felt like he could open up to were his horses and Ros.

It was just them
Toshi

Re: [SOLO] What shall we do now?

Postby Toshi Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:38 pm

Roswell was used to these little vacations, which were difficult for someone...like him, but not impossible. The small communes where all earthly belongings were renounced were more difficult than sprawling landscapes. He unpacked in the privacy of his quarters, untying one colorful bag and allowing a cheerful looking creature to crawl out of it.

"Back at the estate this time?" It asked, decorated in fine, warm-colored silks.

"Yes, and there's no telling for how long. Keep out of sight of the household staff." It was well-known by now that Roswell preferred his privacy. Lysander was in as black a mood as he had ever seen him, and he was grateful that of all the places he could have chosen to indulge it, he'd chosen the familiar instead of...anywhere dangerous.

With everything squared away, he went to find Lysander.

He checked the stables first.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Lysander was brushing one of the horses, a quieter mare who stood calmly for him while his thoughts were elsewhere. He had his tack hung over the stable door, prepared to go out on a ride. However, he seemed to be in no hurry at all to leave, looking out into the middle distance.

It was quiet here at least, nothing but miles of forest and moors as far as the eye could see. He felt like he was at a crossroads in his life, gathering himself to start all over again, to build everything from the ground up. He didn't really want anyone to see him in a mood that was anything other than perky and bright. Roswell was the only one he permitted to see him after the divorce and right now that was all he could stomach. He just felt off.
Toshi

Postby Toshi Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Roswell glanced at the tack, sighed, and went to fetch some equipment of his own. He knew where it was stored, and he knew how to use it. Even if the creatures themselves were unpredictable at best.

"Is Aleister still here?" he asked, uncertain of many of the other horses, but at least comfortable with that one.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [PRP] What shall we do now?

Postby Baneful Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 pm

Lysander looked up at the other man's arrival and there was a brightening of his features if not quite a smile "Yeah, he's still round there in the other stable. I haven't decided if I'm going to go for a walk though."

This was pretty out of character for Lysander, who generally speaking treated exercise like it had offended his mother. "I've not been doing very good deciding what I'm actually doing or should be doing honest." He frowned. "I just don't feel very great Ros." And even junk food hadn't solved it.
Toshi

Postby Toshi Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 pm

"I'd be worried if you did," Roswell said gently, finding the correct stall and giving Aleister a relieved look, if not an actual pat.

"Is there...something else on your mind, sir?" He asked anyway.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:54 pm

"I just.." he shook his head. "I haven't felt right since everything happened. And it's more than just the divorce. I don't know Ros." he sighed.

"Do you ever just feel like running away?"
Toshi

Postby Toshi Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:07 pm

"Yes," Roswell said, very evenly. "Sometimes it's necessary to make a change. To be honest, sir, I was expecting you might want try starting over in one of those communes, rather than here. ...I would have accompanied you either way, of course."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:15 pm

Lysander nodded. "I thought about it. Being one with nature, skyclad and in the most primitive and in-tune places... it had its appeals." He looked thoughtfully at the horses. "But I'd need to leave them behind, and I didn't know if you'd come with me." He seemed relieved to hear that he would have.

"I don't know why you stick by me." he said. "I mean there's the money but surely there's money elsewhere, surely the money isn't worth all of this chaos?"

He shrugged. "I guess I didn't want to live out in the jungle or forest forever because I ...really like soft beds, mcdonalds, /nice places/. I like being near to the things I need. Like, the forest is nice to visit, but there's not really anything out there."
Toshi

Postby Toshi Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:27 pm

"You saved my life," Roswell said, "and the chaos of deadlines, schedules, and the occasional retreat is very manageable. You do pay very well. ...I'm here because I enjoy it. And because we're friends. ...I wouldn't be necessary out here, if my purpose, and our relationship, only extended as far as your planner."

Return to “Earth”