[ARCHIVE] All you can eat (Thor + Nuru)

Earth is the world, almost exactly as you and I know it today, it huddles in its galaxy oblivious to the forces which war over its inhabitants. It has many capital cities (which I will not patronise you by listing here) and a long and bloody history. The influences of heaven and hell have been subtle and nuanced over the years but manifest in any number of places.
Baneful
General Tyrant

[ARCHIVE] All you can eat (Thor + Nuru)

Postby Baneful Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:23 pm

Thor normally hated the hell institute. It was often crowded with people, ranging from oblivious mortals used for practice to rebellious angels bold enough to visit intermingled throughout the usual patrons. But today he was here, on business to speak to someone who he had already had a conversation with, normally this meant that he'd have left straight away, going straight back to hell where it was less of a sensory attack.

He didn't.

Instead he waited outside in the hot California sun, in his human form, that of a tousle haired little boy in a cute little t-shirt with a pig on it, waiting for some unfortunate to come out whom he could talk to. He needed some errands, but first it meant finding someone disposed to run them and testing out if their loyalty stood up to any sort of test.

At the very least, no one in the institute other than the very very high ranked individuals had any idea he was one of the two dukes of gluttony, unable to even feel his power up close. It was how he preferred it.

----------

Nuru was drifting aimlessly around. Despite his larger appearance, be was fairly new to this whole demon business and clearly looked it otherwise. He paused to turn his head at each angel that was sneaking about, clearly seeking some familiarity but continued on his way when he found none. The humans though were especially amusing and he found himself following one or two along his way but as soon as they'd noticed him he was sent on his way, which was right outside.

It was then he happened upon the child. He looked from side to side in search of parents and then looked back at the strange creature.

"Uh. Ya los'?" he asked uncertainly.

----------

The little boy smiled broadly as he spotted Nuru and hurried over to him, taking hold of his hand. "Hi!" he said brightly. "I'm Thor. And uh...maybe?" he looked around the street, as if searching for his parents. "I think maybe I'm lost." But he didn't look too upset by this.

He held his stomach. "I'm real hungry." he said. "Can you get me a burger?"

----------
Nuru looked at Thor's small hand and shifted his own hand to properly hold it. "Ya shouldn' be so frien'leh with strangahs." He warned. "But, ahm Nuru."

He too looked around for any adults that appeared to be in any sort of distress but found none. He then pointed a thumb back at the institute, "I tink dey sell dem in dere." It was at least possible the parents were inside looking. Perhaps an information desk he could bother.

He turned to lead the way back inside and glanced down at the kid curiously, "what kinna burger ya wan?"
----------
The little guy seemed quite happy to wander along with Nuru, holding onto his hand and half-skipping as they went.

"Uh... can I get one with...err..can I get cheese and fries and cotton candy and toast and everything on it! I'm really hungry. You are really nice Mister Nuru!"

Back inside, the presence of a little kid got a few glances but not much else besides as he all but dragged Nuru to the fast food places, pointing at the burger place eagerly. "Over there!" he said brightly.
-----------
The entire time he was dragged over he looked around for any distressed parents but still found none. Wow, this kid was strong. He suddenly found himself surrounded by food and led the kid up to the short line, which was only a few steps from where he'd been dragged to. He scratched his head and then searched his pants for payment. "You mus' be realleh hungreh."
-----------
"I'm always hungry." the kid said. "I think maybe my mum left me here because of that. But I'm ok now, I have you right? You can help me." And he gave Nuru the brightest most guilt inducing look his little face could manage.

"You can be like my mum for now. You can do things for me and help me find her! I bet you are just as good at looking for people as you are at buying burgers!" He let go of Nuru's hand to climb up onto a high stool chair next to a beefy looking wrath demon who was intently eating some fries. He kept his eyes on Nuru the whole time.

"I can't wait!"
-----------

It was super effective. Nuru weakened at the sight of the look Thor had given him. "Righ' kiddo." The line was moving and he shuffled forward. They were next. "Do you remembah where ya las' saw her?" His gaze drifted between the kid and the demon uncertainly but the demon clearly had no interest as he was eating. The line moved again, "Okay, ya sai' ya wan cheese an' fries righ?" He was still watching Thor.

------------

"Yes pleassse!" the boy crooned happily. "Can I get a toy with it?" The sign on the wall said that today's toys were themed after rather cute little animals. "I want the little piggy! Like my shirt!"

Fortunately, said toys also came with part of a generous meal deal, so it wouldn't actually break the bank.

"I only have this." and from a small pocket, he fished out a bit of paper, it looked like half of a boarding ticket, going from LAX airport to JFK. "But I think we can find her."

------------

Nuru finally turned his head to order exactly that and paid. He made clear to the employee he wanted a piggy. Even checked the bag to ensure it was a pig. It was. and turned back around to offer the bag to Thor. "Here ya go, hope ets to ya likin'."

------------

The little boy hopped off the stool to give Nuru a firm hug (surprisingly tight but nothing too unbelievable) and immediately climbed back up to take a messy bite of the burger.

"You are the best!" he said. "So generous! You'll find my mum for me too, I just know it!"

Another bite and he talked with his mouth full. "Think they'll let me live here too if I'm good?"

------------

Nuru was hugged and gently patted the kid. He then exchanged the meal for the half a ticket and eyeballed it uncertainly. Then the kid. Then the ticket. He'd wondered if this meant what he thought it meant and considered for a moment eating the damaged ticket. For now, he carefully pocketed the paper.

"Yah," he said. "Ah'll fin' her." Eventually.

"Ah dunno," he honestly wasn't certain. Do they allow demons to keep ...well... not demons? He wasn't keen to go around asking. He grabbed several napkins and patiently waited for Thor to finish eating for an attempt at cleanup.

--------------

Thor kicked his feet as he moved onto the fries with greasy little hands, but paused with a fistful of fries to give Nuru a wide eyed stricken stare when he hesitated about helping or letting him stay there.

"Oh no! You don't know?" he looked like he might cry. "I think if you look out for me, it will go very good for you! My dad, well...he's really strong. He can give you nice things I bet, really nice things if you help get me back to my mum. I don't know where he is."

Calming, he returned to munching on the food until it was all gone. "My little piggy is called dent." he said with a nod as he made it oink by pulling on its tail. When he was done he was a bit of a mess, with relish on his cheeks from the burger and greasy hands. He didn't look like he minded.
-----------
Nuru minded though and deftly went to work with the napkins until he felt Thor was at least clean enough not to leave streaks of grease everywhere. "Ah dunno, but dat doesn' mean ah won' make et happen yanno," he commented while tossing the messy napkins.

He didn't seem all that interested in the riches Thor had gone on about. "Did ya daddeh come here wit chu?" That, he was much more curious about.

"Dent ya seh?" he asked sounding genuinely interested. He wasn't all that interested in Thor's father's riches but it was clear something did keep his interest.
-----------

Cleaner Thor looked cheerful and happy at the attention. "Thank youu." he said as he watched Nuru throw away the napkins. "Good though, I'd like to stay." he said. "You are so nice."

He nodded. "I think he did, but then he went away. Him and my mum aren't together any more. They are always fighting over who wants me. I don't think either of them do." he sighed sadly and pouted. "It's real lonely."

At the mention of dent, he smiled with open fondness and nodded. "Yes! Dent. I really like that name, it is my favourite. I like Nuru too though. I like you. I'm glad you found me and not a mean person."

The wrath demon who had been sitting eating his own food the whole time, got up in irritation and left, snarling. "Oh for fucks sake, if it's no teenagers its annoying fucking wee kids. It's turning into fucking heaven in here."

Thor didn't even look around.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [ARCHIVE] All you can eat (Thor + Nuru)

Postby Baneful Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:25 pm

Nuru sighed as he was still conflicted over the entire situation. He honestly wondered if it was the same to find them as simply staying put. They either came looking for the kid themselves and then he could decide if they deserved him more or most likely not or they never came and Nuru got to have a son all of his own. Clearly they didn't want him for sure if they never showed up.

His train of thought was quickly buried under bristles as he snatched Thor up closer and eyed the wrath demon as they moved along. He was keen to defend tiny Thor but not start any unwarranted fights if he didn't need to.
--------
Envy, thought Thor, confirming what his prodigious sense of smell had already told him.

The wrath demon didn't look back, seemingly with other problems to deal with in his day which were not small children or Nurus.

Thor hugged Nuru, seeming to take the protective gesture as a hug initiation instead. "I think I would like a nap now." he said with a nod. "I'm soooo sleepy, do you have a bed I can use here?"
----------
Nuru relaxed once the wrath demon was out of sight and gently set Thor down and offered his hand. "Sure, jus' stay close," he warned.

He then wondered how he was going to reach the upper levels with a human child. Would they buy it if he said he was a demon in disguise?
----------
Taking hold of Nuru's hand again the small boy followed along with the demon.

Strangely, when they reached the guards to the upper level, they either didn't notice or didn't question the boy's presence, letting both of them through without stopping them at all.
---------
Nuru simply determined that it must not have been against the rules then. Good to know, not that he intends to keep more humans in his quarters. He led Thor all over until they reached his room and he opened the door.

"Bettah have a good lon' nap," he warned. "Cause afta is bat' time."
----------
"Okie dokie!" he said brightly and climbed up onto the bed, kicking off his shoes and laying down. "Nap then baths. Thank you Nuru."

Once the boy was comfortable however, the moment Nuru looked away for even a moment to do something else, to close the door, to pick up a t-shirt, anything at all, the moment he looked back his charge was gone, leaving nothing but an empty bed and a small neat note.

It read in very formal hand. "If you want to see the boy again, go to Eden, NY and ask about the garden."

That was all.
---------
Nuru indeed turned away for just one moment to close the door. He was immediately devastated by what he'd found.
Shit shit shit shit. Was all he could think once the full gravity of what had just happened finally seeped in.

He immediately dug in his pocket. The ticket was torn but perhaps unused, perhaps still usable.

Before leaving though, he changed form to something far less human and ravaged the room for clues, sniffing each and every inch for anything.
----------
The boarding pass unfortunately was dated in the past by the looks of it, no longer usable.

The room itself smelled like its usual self, apart from the bed which had a strange earthy scent, like rich and loamy mud, mingled with a deeper scent of what could only be classed as livestock.

Return to “Earth”