[PRP] Whiffle World (Tracey, Rep, B0nez, Harrison)

Earth is the world, almost exactly as you and I know it today, it huddles in its galaxy oblivious to the forces which war over its inhabitants. It has many capital cities (which I will not patronise you by listing here) and a long and bloody history. The influences of heaven and hell have been subtle and nuanced over the years but manifest in any number of places.
Toshi

[PRP] Whiffle World (Tracey, Rep, B0nez, Harrison)

Postby Toshi Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:54 am

It was all colorful plastics and shining metal and sweaty bodies.

B0nez loved it of course. It had a lot of great qualities. Screaming, tired kids, breakdowns, deflated expectations, predators. There was heaven stuff too, if he was pressed to admit it, everything that came with the pressed crowd of every kind of (entitled, moderately well-off) human, but most of all, it was big and fun and there was nobody he'd rather be there with.

"You're SURE Mrost couldn't squeeze some time in between all the murdering? I mean, he'd probably end up doing more murdering. But like, family-time murdering. Like the old days!"

B0nez waited excitedly at the ticket counter, looking at Tracey and not fishing any money from his bright pockets.

A noticeably heavy swarm of flies (too many) were completely covering a nearby garbage can.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [PRP] Whiffle World (Tracey, Rep, B0nez, Harrison)

Postby Baneful Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:28 am

Tracey got nervous in crowds. It was something he never admit to anyone readily, after all it didn't make sense when you came from heaven which had always been absolutely teeming with other hosts and hinted that perhaps he'd just spent a very, very long time in solitary places to end up that way. He was nervous that day too, surrounded as he was with humans going about their human thing and in the kind of company that could land him with some very hard to answer questions if anyone knew.

B0nez got an alarmed look for so much as mentioning Mrost, as if doing so was sufficient to bring the other angel directly to their side. "Don't talk about him!" he said in an irritable whisper. "You know he'd never come. Not ever."

And because generosity was sort of obligatory when one was an angel, he fished out a small wallet, taking a few notes out and holding them up to the man behind the counter. The man seemed to find the sight endearing and leaned forward and smiled in a condescending manner. "Hey there, your parents will have to pay little buddy."

Tracey made a good solid use of his virtue and turned around to head over to where the irritating redhead was talking loudly about what he'd heard about the rides and pointing at a paper map. He cleared his throat at Harrison and extended a hand with a bundle of crisp green notes.

"You'll need to buy our tickets." he said.
Toshi

Postby Toshi Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:07 am

"He's my boss," Harrison divested, feeling tentatively like calling Tracey his parent was a little bit in the "lying" category, although maybe by making the guy think they were human, they were already there.

He looked at the huge wad of bills Tracey had just given him, and discreetly counted out the correct amount, taking out the bills that were from before paper bills had been printed, or from after the current year. Harrison was old for a Nephilim, (hell, he would have been dead already), but barely anything for an angel. Nephs were good with money. Angels and demons that hung around earth were sometimes okay with money. Office-dwellers were liable to pay in Roman gold. Tracey, for an angel, was pretty with it, getting the region and type right, if not every "minor" detail.

He returned threw Rep a shy grin. "Uh, here. Tickets," he said, forgetting to offer them to B0nez or Tracey, and when he gave them over, his hands brushed Rep's.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:22 am

Rep gave Tracey a look of complete and utter disdain, wrinkling his nose. "Why the fuck did we bring a little girl?" And it was pretty evident from the way he said it that he classed little girls on the same tier as anthrax or other even less pleasant things. He put himself on the side of Harrison furthest away from the small dark haired figure that was giving him a long suffering look and acted for the most part like he thought he might be subject to cooties just from line of sight. "That's the fucking worst! We are going to look like pedos." He glanced over to b0nez and barked accusingly. "You didn't tell me there'd be fucking girls."

Still, his anger seemed to wilt a little as Harrison gave him the tickets, his glare melting from tense fury into an expression of nothing negative mattering any more and his smirk softening into something much gentler.

Tracey didn't trust it, but any shift away from wrath was good. He reached out expectantly for his own ticket, waiting until Harrison was done skirting the edges of what the angel considered acceptable decency.

Mercifully the ticket seller didn't seem to notice too much about the strange group, potentially for unnatural reasons and waved them on in.

Rep, once they were in seemed to forget about the sheer offensiveness that was Tracey and instead talked animatedly at Harrison. "We need to go on the fucking biggest one first, got to get a place in line! I've heard it's really fucking cool!"

Tracey muttered under his breath about a swear jar.
Toshi

Postby Toshi Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:39 am

"I'll get us a map," Harrison said amenable., the other tickets still in his pocket. Part of the experience. It was hard to remember not to miracle anything. Much.

B0nez didn't seem to mind not having his own ticket at all.

"Hehehehehee! do they still HAVE those," he asked, having a sudden conniption over the swear jar. "Oh. Oh, Rep, man, you're not going to believe it, they like. They have a BOX right, to-to fund...I mean, does anyone even put anything IN there?"

"Uh, some of us might," Harrison said, returning with said map. Mostly him. Sometimes he felt the swear jar was a little racist. Not everybody grew up walking on clouds and talking about sugar and wrath.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:03 pm

Rep looked utterly horrified at the idea of a celestial swear jar, not for the first time feeling like he'd definitely sided with the right side in the grand scheme of things. What wages he earned would all just need to go straight into the jar if that was the case, it would be fucking terrible. "Really?" he said to b0nez incredulous.

"We don't need to swear." Tracey said levelly. "We find appropriate outlets for our frustration. We don't resort to wrath." Harrison got a slightly softer look "Harrison is still learning and adapting."

Rep gave Harrison a look. "I think you are fucking mental putting up with that shit, I'd have told them where to shove their fucking swear jar!" Tracey winced.

"There are children here." he said with an edge of pleading in his tone, looking to b0nez as if he was able to calm his little guard dog.
Toshi

Postby Toshi Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:57 pm

"Yes, tons of them! The gleeful, unripened bastards. But It's not gonna HURT them," B0nez said, still recovering from his cackling fit. This seemed to give him an idea, "al-THOUGH..."

"Well, unrighteous wrath, yeah," Harrison said awkwardly like he'd heard it from somewhere else, rubbing the back of his neck. Like this was also kind of racist. "But, I mean, not all of it's...mean-spirited, like. The swearing and all. Just uh, enthusiastic, so I'm still not so sure why THOSE ones..." He was still hanging close to Rep, almost touching, although he didn't seem to be doing it consciously.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:25 am

Tracey winced again as B0nez swore and narrowed his eyes slightly. "It does hurt them." he said. "In subtle little ways, every time someone swears a tiny sin takes root in their minds, they use it to express wrath, hatred, anger, to wound others. It is not a nice thing and it doesn't make them better people to hear it. Let them have this one safe place to flourish and experience joy."

Rep moved closer to Harrison and slunk his arm around his waist. Tracey eyed Rep's hand like he wished he could slice it off with a pointed stare. The redhead leaned in to the other man and whispered subtly. "We should head to one of the rides, ditch mommy over there."

"Stop /tempting/ him." Tracey said sadly. "I know this is going to go very badly already."
Toshi

Postby Toshi Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:51 am

B0nez used his spare hand to make puppet motions while Tracey droned on about joy and kids and nonsense, and pulled out a phone game to end the suffering boredom of the lecture.

Harrison leaned over comfortably against Rep, giving him a goofy smile at the contact.

"Aw, naw," he said, patting Rep's side, "I don't wanna ditch. My boss is a good guy. Your boss likes him too, right?" He asked, looking over at B0nez.

B0nez nearly lost the phone and his glasses. "L-like!" he sputtered, "Uh, well, you know, we....MUTUAL, RESPECT, I mean, not LIKE-LIKE."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:05 am

Rep looked completely dubious at the idea that B0nez would like Tracey even a little bit and eyed the other demon with curiosity at Harrison's words. He was about to voice his thoughts on the matter when B0nez cut in for him, saying that he didn't actually like Tracey. This was good enough for Rep and he nodded. "Yeah, see? My boss is too cool for that loser, I know you like him, but he's just not fucking cool, you are always nice to losers, I think it might be some side effect of being around angels too long. I'm glad you didn't turn into an old granny though with this job." It was Harrison's ass that got a friendly pat this time. "You are still normal and shit, it's all good."

Tracey was not enjoying the comments being made about him but didn't get angry because patience was really his business. He was nevertheless more wounded than he expected by B0nez going all Peter on him and was getting a little defensive about how cornered he felt with his only defender all wrapped up in - and making lovey eyes at - a demon. He crossed his arms. "I don't respect him." the short angel said haughtily. "He's evil."

Still, he took a step back from the group, a small backwards shuffle. "Look." he said. "If you'd prefer I.." and he gestured vaguely at the sky behind him. "I can go. I'm sure there are other things I can find to do."

Rep nodded. "First good idea he's had all day!"

Return to “Earth”