[Archive] Seph and Acan

Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [Archive] Seph and Acan

Postby Baneful Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:38 pm

Acan rolled her eyes and turned her head away so that she didn't have to look at Seph as he gesticulated in outrage. It was part amusing, part thoroughly disappointing to have felt this enormous Seph-shaped gap in her life for so long, only for it to be filled by /this/. She had always thought he disdained mating as part of his superiority complex, but it was becoming increasingly obvious that it was more about fear of the unknown.

She thought about arguing with him, but it was exhausting trying to figure out what he was saying and then spend mental energy coming up with a clever retort. It was all giving her a headache.

"You're wrong," she said stubbornly.

To her annoyance the rain was starting to ease, but the wind was picking up. Without the rain to dilute her scent she would be blazing beacon in the night, with the gusts carrying it even further. She had already seen how Seph's presence had acted as a ward, so annoyingly it seemed as if staying around him was the best option. There was no way she could tell him that. She just had to contrive some way to keep him around.

"Don't you want these skulls?" She tried to mask her desperation with a thick layer of angry sarcasm, and gestured around at the carcasses in various states of decomposition. "The ones that you didn't crush, at least," she added with a little quirk of a brow ridge.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:12 pm

Banefulness/Seph07/21/2019
“I am NEVER wrong.” he said in a low throaty snarl. “I have never BEEN wrong.” He knew it wasn’t true, but perhaps if he said it enough, one day it would be the case, one day it would erase all the failings and faults he’d encountered in his life. He was angry at everything, but most of all he was angry in an inward bitter way, a way that turned all the ferocity and pent up desire inwards instead.

At the mention of the skulls, he found his thoughts seized in a way that was more immediate than any hormone could ever hope to enact upon him. Skulls. Skulls were something consistent, something controllable and perfect. He could keep them and they would never change, never do anything he didn’t expect, they would sit there in the dark and they would be the shape of a life but none of the complexity.

“Mayhaps.” he said. “Though it tis but a petty bounty, there be some value in this collection. I should call it a cornucopia of fools, their greatest folly being to stumble upon a female such as thee.”

He turned to expertly peel back the flesh from the nearest dragon, seeming to calm with the task, though his tail still lashed behind him. “This be the great desire of my life. What use have I for sex?”
@Claire

---

Acan gave him a blank stare at his insistence that he had never once in his long, long life been wrong. Her posture loosened a little. It was an odd sensation to be reunited with one that she had held in such high regard in her younger years, only to feel now, with the experience of long years of independence and relative peace, that she was beginning to pity him. She only grunted, then turned away in embarrassment for him.

She sat back and watched him work at flaying the carcasses with a calm that contrasted harshly with her previous charged sexual energy. Her green eyes softened slightly at the grisly display. It was almost soothing to witness this thing once again that had, long ago, been so commonplace in her life. She hadn't realised how strongly she had missed it. But, never one to let such a vulnerability be easily known, she snorted and stretched out the toes of one lifted forepaw to begin casually cleaning herself.

"What use?" she muttered around her cleaning, the words rolling out somewhere between a growl and a purr. "Well, it seems to me that you fear it because you don't know it. I have never known you to be a creature that fears. Only prey fears."

There was a satisfaction to her last words, a feeling of smugness that she anticipated an eruption of ego from him. Still, better not to tread to harshly on his toes lest he simply fly off and leave her to constant harassment from lesser males. This was becoming a tricky game.
@Banefulness/Seph
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:22 pm

Seph chuckled deeply, the laugh rattling right down into his vast chest. "Fear." he said. "I am a lot of things, but afraid has never been one of them. I do not fear sex, I merely question its needfulness. What should I gain from such things? Offspring?" He curled his lip, baring his fangs all the more in disgust. "We have seen whence that path leads." Skilfully having flayed one skull, he set it aside with the others, remaining focused on his task and less on getting furious at Acan specifically, it seemed to make his ego a little more resilient.

"Nay, there be little function. As far as I ken, I do not produce the same type of lure as thou dost." Though really, he wasn't sure if that was the case or not. Everything was a bit of a mystery.

"Thou knowest my species are long vanished, and most un-fucking-fortunately, they sorely neglected to provide us with a manual."

Return to “Archive”