[Archive] Seph and Acan

Baneful
General Tyrant

Re: [Archive] Seph and Acan

Postby Baneful Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:09 pm

As much as Acan wanted to express her indignation at his hurtful words and that shove he'd given her, she saw his pacing and decided that getting up in his face, chasing him around and snapping at his heels would not end as she desired. For once, she thought, it was better to stay put.

As he huffed and puffed about the way she spoke to him, she pretended to ignore him and swung her heavy head round to continue tearing at her prey. It was already starting to cool and the tang of its blood was already duller, thicker. She snorted with irritation, glancing at how Seph had ruined the dragon's head. It took a moment for her to realise that the act of him ruining the skull was extremely out of character. Curious.

She looked back to Seph, entrails snagged between her teeth, and glowered through the rain at him. She couldn't quite translate his tone and the sarcasm dripping from his voice, but she knew something was off. He kept looking at the scattered remains of all the drakes that she'd crossed paths with. Did it bother him, all this male attention?

"If you mean killing and eating them then yes, I've been doing that. When I lived with you they didn't dare bother me, but out here on my own I'm plagued by unwanted suitors," she smirked even as she used her tongue to dislodge the viscera from between her teeth. "You, however, always seemed uniquely disinterested. So why are you here?"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Seph turned his focus on his pacing, treading in the same path again and again, following the grooves his talons drove into the ground almost exactly, his tail lashing the air with an audible swoop of air as his tailspade moved. His muscles moved visibly beneath his scales, every line of him tensed, as if he might lunge into motion at any moment. He found himself wondering in anger if he should just turn and leave, if he should just leave everything right here and now so he didn't have to face up to a conversation that he wasn't entirely prepared to deal with. He knew that was fight or flight responses though and wasn't about to compromise his pride when he'd been the one to come here in the first place.

He stopped pacing, still tense and simply stared at her aggressively. He didn't believe she'd just been killing them. He didn't believe it at all, because every bit of paranoia and distaste for other creatures said that it was impossible. The world was full of despicable, terrible things and all of them wanted nothing more than the most primal desires at the very root. He enjoyed death and its trappings simply because it was something that could be tamed and controlled, some order exacted upon a chaotic world that wasn't pleasing to him. When you had a skull you didn't need to deal with the brain, they just smiled and obeyed.

Acan had never obeyed, not the way the skulls did, not the way Suriel did, and it drove him completely insane.

He growled warningly and snapped. "I am here because thou canst be scented for a hundred leagues around and I did not know what it was!"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:38 pm

Acan barked out a hoarse laugh at Seph's reply. She knew she was walking on thin ice, that he needed only the slightest provocation to strike out at her again. A large part of her wanted him to. The idea of it sent an electric heat through her that was part exciting, part sickening. She recognised the desire for what it was and buried it, cutting her laughter off.

"'Didn't know what it was'?" She couldn't help herself. "For a creature so old you're as ignorant as a hatchling."

She snapped like a viper at the kill again, twisting her neck left and right to tear loose some leathery skin and muscle. Her mind was getting foggy. This situation was too strange, and thinking about what things meant, trying to understand subtleties and implications was giving her a head ache. Her roiling hormones almost made her want to shout at him to just /do/ something. If he was going to fight her, do it. If he was going to leave, do it. If he wanted what the others came here for...well, let him try his luck. But her rational, aching brain warned that this was a more complicated situation than simply kill/run/fuck. It was all so annoying.

A familiar crooning in the distance broke her concentration and the silence she'd cultivated. Another one. Her scales bristled and let loose a rattling, furious growl. "This 'scent' is a fucking curse," she rumbled. Rain sprayed off her as she darted her head about, looking for the source of the mating call. If she hadn't been so maddened by the interruption she might have found it gratifying that the new male was keeping at a distance, that he was obviously wary of her current companion.

"If my visitors so offend you, why don't you go deal with them," she growled at Seph, gesturing into the darkening sky just as the drake mewled another call into the rain.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Seph knew it was fucking stupid to give Acan that kind of fodder to turn back on him and yet had done it all the same. Somehow when she nitpicked at his flaws it wasn't quite as infuriating and enraging as when literally anyone else made that mistake. He gave her a rather nonplussed sort of look and said rather flatly. "I am not old for my kind." as if this explained everything. It didn't really, but he always assumed that people should just simply know his maturity by looking at him, after all he'd only grown in his second set of horns and claws in the last decade . But there were none of his species to be found anywhere, how in all the realms could they?

The sound of another male nearby seized his attention like nothing else had since waking up, something about the cry bypassing all his rational thoughts and earthing itself in a more primal and primitive part of his brain. It lit his senses up like a spark, running adrenaline like fire through his body, his own fire roiling in his chest in response. He didn't even need to be directed toward the intruder by Acan, even as she spoke already turning his entire body in their direction. Words didn't convey even a fraction of the anger and indignation he felt at someone stupid enough to show themselves here.

He took a long audible breath and threw back his head in an enormous roar that could be felt in the rock underfoot, the kind of roar that could be heard through the earth, resonating in ways that shook the very air. His wings snapped open and he leapt from the ground in a single fluid motion. It felt good, the energy of flight taking the edge off the frustration and anger and directing him somewhere else entirely. Normally such a small drake would barely hold his attention, but today everything was .. different somehow.

He spotted it through the driving rain, his senses a chaos of swirling scents and motion, and yet he felt that the chaos without was perfectly fitting of the chaos within. The male wasn't anything overly impressive, but clearly in his prime with sleek red scales and white claws. It saw him, a vast nightmare in the sky overhead and immediately thought the better of challenging him, its body language shifting, curling a little, submission and deference written desperately in every movement.

The fact that it averted its gaze meant that it never even saw the enormous jaws that seized around its neck, snapping it instantly.

Seph didn't even land, he glanced the ground with his forelegs before continuing his momentum up from the ground, shoulders heaving as his wings strained to climb steeply, up and up and up, the other dragon still twitching in his jaws and filling his mouth with warm fresh blood. He wheeled around, striking out back to Acan whose scent lit the olfactory landscape like a beacon.

He landed with a clatter of wet scales and let the twitching dragon fall to the dirt before her. He didn't question the instinct to do this either, normally fiercely jealous of his kills and not about to hand them over to anyone. But he wasn't really thinking entirely straight.

"I would have thought thou wouldst draw better quality fare than this. Barely a mouthful."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:58 pm

While Seph busied himself with removing the newcomer, Acan worried the spine free of the original dragon. She sat and idly watched him put a quick finish to his prey as she crunched through vertebrae with her molars. The spinal fluid was warm on her tongue but the taste was barely savoured while she was lost in the electricity racing through her again. Excitement riddled with fear swamped her senses in response to Seph's bellowing. Her pulse quickened, rising to a crescendo as the other male was dropped as a grisly offering at her feet.

She didn't even look at the kill. Another dead, anonymous drake was of no interest to her, and she wasn't hungry. Instead she gulped down the last of the vertebrae and stalked closer to Seph. Her scales rattled, flexing and relaxing, subtly working to waft pheromones. She was barely aware that Seph was Seph anymore. The part of her that knew him well, that was hurt by his absence in her life and joyful had his return, was now forced into submission in favour of her interest in him as a male.

"I drew you, didn't I?" she responded suggestively. As playfully as she delivered the line, her body language spoke predator. Her neck was flush with the line of her spine, her eyes wide, shoulders rolling.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:22 pm

There was a lot that Seph didn't understand in the world, generally he tended to keep himself far from the world, venturing out into it only when he was feeling especially adventurous or bored. He'd managed as a result to miss quite a lot. He understood reproduction to a degree, but it wad knowledge that was riddled with gaps. It had simply never interested him and he'd given the same attention to the topic as he gave to flies buzzing around one of his kills. Now though that disinterest seemed like complete negligence and he found himself out of his depth in a way he had never experienced.

He was aware he wasn't thinking straight and that various parts of his anatomy were not either and he was not at all about to tolerate it, loss of control in this kind of regard simply making him more furious.

"Maybe thou didst." he growled, the realisation that his thoughts weren't all lining up in order making him defensive and hostile once again.

He backed up, tail curling. "I shall not be bewitched." he spat, fanning out his wings and looking like he was strongly considering leaving. "Mine thoughts are addled by this diverting nonsense. I will have NONE of it."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Acan stopped in her tracks and let her stance soften a little. Was she...frightening him? Was he making fun of her? His sudden attempts to back away effectively threw cold water on her. She shook her head, half hoping it would clear her foggy mind. It didn't.

She sat back, tail swinging around her legs, but continued to watch Seph with the same wide, analyzing eyes of a huntress. His hesitation was thoroughly disappointing, so much so that her resentment of him suddenly swelled up again like a tsunami.

"Who do you think you are!? You disappear for /years/, wait til I'm in heat to suddenly turn up, basically admit that's why your here and then back away like a coward?! What's the matter with you?!"

By the time she'd finished bellowing at him she was once again stood with her teeth bared in his face, her posture tense and wide.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:56 pm

Seph was in a bit of a panic if he was honest, taking another few small steps backwards, fanning his neck frill out in alarm as he looked down at her. He wasn't sure what he'd been thinking or why it had seemed reasonable but he was convinced there and then that heats were mind control and that sex was an enemy he couldn't really bite in the face. It was all a bit concerning and he was not at all happy with the way his body reacted to it all.

"Look!" he snarled. "I came here because I was curious! I had no intention of ...." he waved a massive paw in her direction. "Normally I just collect the skulls, thou knowest this."

He irritably tucked his tail between his hind legs as if for modesty, wrapping the rest of it around his waist. If his body wouldn't behave he'd damn well make it behave, he was having none of this nonsense. It was worse than magic! Magic he could control, magic he could move through like a fish through water, this was something else, some other biological control that addled his mind and brought him rather vivid mental images of things that were not acceptable.

He let out a haughty snort.

"I have only even HEARD of heats." he snarled. "And I am not about to indulge in thine witchcraft!"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:22 pm

"Stop calling it witchcraft!" She snapped. "It's not magic! And you can stop trying to shame me for it!"

She turned away quickly to skulk back to his recent kill, intent on letting out her frustrations at not only being insulted, but the sexual energy that had burned through her for a moment. She needed to savage something, and she was too indignant to even touch Seph right now. The red male was warmer and would make a more satisfying stress outlet, but it was /his/ kill and she was just petty enough to step over it and return to her own victim. Only it hadn't been hers...he'd come along and stolen the wretches life out from her claws.

Her tail lashed wildly behind her and she drew in ragged, fast breaths. She wanted to fly away from it all, but she was wary of a fight on the wing. With solid ground beneath her claws she could kill almost anything, but with her wings unfurled she was too vulnerable. She felt cornered, insulted, rejected, still annoying horny, and worst of all more energised than she'd felt in years.

"Who ever heard of a bull dragon that could fight the way you fight but not-" she paused, suddenly piecing together snippets from their past with his words and actions today. "Wait. You.. You haven't been with a female, have you?" She cocked her head to one side and looked at Seph with suspicion. After the bruising her ego had taken this felt tantalisingly like an upper hand.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:35 pm

Seph gave Acan an irritable narrowing of his eyes. "No! Of course not! I have no use for other dragons other than to feed upon!" He wasn't remotely ashamed of the fact he'd never done anything with another dragon but murder them, there was no reason to. He knew that he was an almost wholly incompatible species with most of the various dragons in the world around him and beyond reproduction saw little merit in indulging in anything that put vulnerable parts anywhere near danger.

"If it was magic it wouldst be easier to conquer." he snarled. "As it is it twists mine very thoughts to abhorrent ends, it is intolerable." he stamped his paw in a rather petty gesture of frustration. "I should leave thee to thy carnal ends."

Return to “Archive”