[PRP] No Invitation Needed (Melvin/Lawr)

Heaven is an extensive realm split into numerous “levels”, considered in an upward direction in consideration of the concentration of power.
MoonKit

Re: [PRP] No Invitation Needed (Melvin/Lawr)

Postby MoonKit Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:10 pm

He paused in grabbing his boxers to look at the demon. It was unsettling how quickly Lawr could move from the semblance of humanity to that of his own nature. Centuries of practice or had his time believing he was a human actually make him adopt something of their mannerisms? Or maybe all those eyes helped him research. He wouldn't know. He wasn't a duke. He wasn't even up at the highest tiers of Heaven, though he was higher ranking. But the sheer power of a Duke was on another level. He sometimes wondered what that much power could achieve. How much work could get one when you could easily use your power to make near impossible things happen.

Curiousity.

"I tend to not spend too much time outside of work. If I have time, then I take it to recharge and rest.......as I was doing." He said looking up at Lawr who had interrupted the few times he slept.

"Idle hands are a devil's playground. Idleness makes me uncomfortable." It made him worry. It made him sad.

"It's none too enjoyable to do things alone anyways."

He thought of what things he id do that could be a hobby.

"I do like watching people at cafes. That's nice." Maybe a bit creepy but most people getting coffee were in need of recharging to do work. Students studying. Employees. Those off to handle family affairs.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:40 pm

Lawrd grin turned a little wolfish at the slightly backhanded implication of Melvin's comment about the fact he was interrupted. "I would say I was sorry if I butted in on you but I'm not very sorry. It's surprisingly rare to catch an angel in the altogether, some of your kind are practically never-nudes." He was surprised to find he was having fun in spite of himself just being a pest at Melvin. He'd forgotten how fun it could be simply to be a spanner in the works of someone else.

"And oh I wouldn't say its always the devil's playground, for me it was idleness that made me want to try humanity over simply being a demon."

The comment about doing things alone though did strike a nerve with him. "Yes. Admittedly it was an end to solitude that gave me my purpose back, even if my humanity was a farce, a lie. I felt like I belonged, and that was and is more than I can say for any point in my life previous to that."

"Watching people though! That is the most fun thing that there is! The things you see, the things you can observe when no one else is around, all the secret little sins in the world, all the darkest blackest thoughts laid bare in privacy. A cafe is a start but there is so much more out there, so much more." And again that brilliant, fixated madness. Even his moths moved differently when he seemed to look into someplace else. "How about we go do something fun?" he said. "Anything you like, anywhere you like. I can take you."
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:53 pm

"It is rare. I barely sleep. I just...have been a bit exhausted lately. It doesn't happen that often."

"I watch to see their choices. To see what they enjoy. What they feel is worth being driven towards. Their motivations and their goals and the hard work they put to the point of physical and mental pain in the pursuit of happiness and values they hold dear." It was a 180 to what Lawr sought out and enjoyed in is people watching, and he wondered what places he went to when he did his own people watching. Would it not be more bias to see the darker sides of people in places that catered to the darker temptations? In a everyday setting, wouldn't that be less? Less enjoyable for the Duke.

"Go somewhere?" He said, looking about. "I...I don't really know where to go?"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:52 pm

Lawrence grinned. "That's typical. Offer people anywhere in the universe and they have no idea what they want to see. I bet there are a lot of places you've never been. It's not an offer everyone gets twice."

He didn't seem offended though.

"If you let me choose I'll just take you somewhere I enjoy, I can't guarantee that it will be the sort of place you'd like."

But he looked excited anyway, his moths eagerly flitting around them, dancing in halos around their master's head.
MoonKit

Postby MoonKit Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:07 pm

He watched Lawr, blue eyes coasting over his form as moths collected in a sad mockery of a halo above his head as if to shadow a halo he once held back when they were all kin and angelic. He wondered deep down if there turned the restlessness of virtues stiffled by the need of Sin.

Half-dressed, he looked away as he turned slightly to out on briefs and pants. After ehich he dat on the bed, deep in thought as he put on socks.

"If a duke could take you anywear.." He openly mused.

"...as long as it doesn't make me a demon, then I would ve interested in what you find enjoyable given all your resources."

He stood up and placed on his glasses before finding his dress shoes. His hair was still a mess.

Return to “Heaven”