[PRP] Captive (Mrost + Crou)

Heaven is an extensive realm split into numerous “levels”, considered in an upward direction in consideration of the concentration of power.
Baneful
General Tyrant

[PRP] Captive (Mrost + Crou)

Postby Baneful Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:11 pm

It was always almost impossible to tell where one was in heaven unless you were a demon, if you were a demon you could feel it in your very essence, a constant and searing pain which threatened to rend you apart, until on the upper levels it finally did. On the highest levels the ambient energy was so high and overwhelming that it was enough to destroy even weaker angels with the brilliance of it.

Crou was in a cage, large, certainly, but a cage nonetheless, several gilded rooms all bathed in the radiance that reached right into the bones. He didn't belong there and he felt it every single day. Magical barriers kept him in and he was often asked to test their strength, forced to take the backlash for the sake of research. Mrost liked to research and apparently he also - in a twisted way - liked Crou. Other than this situation, Crou was well furnished with whatever he could want, Mrost just couldn't afford him to be seen anywhere but here in this place.

When he arrived to visit he was never in his heavy intimidating armour, he was never in his regalia, even his splendid halo was muted and different. Still, electricity crackled in strange places around him and his eyes to those who knew him were the same as they had always been.

"Morning." he said with a toothy grin as he stepped through the entry barrier. "Did you sleep well?" In his taloned feline looking hand he held a long loop of steel which vaguely resembled a collar. "Things are heating up in heaven lately, I hardly get a moment to myself."
Sali

Re: [PRP] Captive (Mrost + Crou)

Postby Sali Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:56 pm

The bright light left Crou in a constant state of weakness, every movement felt like he was trying to walk on exposed charred flesh. Warm and comforting, he was sure, to the angels but to him his skin felt like it was perpetually in flames. He oftentimes found himself spacing out and losing time. Not that he had a real concept of time here. It was constant and unrelenting. Nothing changed, nothing wavered, nothing happened that had not happened before. Everything was so constant. That is all but one thing.

He was sprawled across a seat, luxurious and plush with gold filigree curled across it's deep rich exposed wooden edges. His one eye fixed across at a carefully painted portrait of his captor which was hanging from a gold chain looped about the bars of his cage. He hardly moved as the painting seemed to summon to life the reality. His chin shifted subtly and he swallowed dryly before finally stirring.

"And you spend such few moments with me?" His eye finally moved from the oil on canvas to the physical manifestation that came to see him. Then the loop of metal he was holding. He frowned instantly upon seeing it. But not as deeply had it been certain other objects.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:28 pm

Mrost smiled. "Well I'm here now aren't I? Like I say, I'm very busy, don't have all that much time to spare, and it's not like you can come out with me the way you are." He seemed to have forgotten that it had been him who had first convinced Crou that the only way to help him research a cure for the corruption of SIN was to take some. He'd said he would take it after yet in the end never had, when the corruption set in he swore that the only way to keep them both safe was for him to stay pure. It had been a long, long long time ago now since it happened and his armour seemed to have been getting fancier every few thousand years. He told Crou that his success was down to him and his support, but still he hadn't let him go.

"But I've brought you a present." he said. "I spent a very long time in the labs making it, I've had to set aside a lot of. I'm really proud of it."

He moved over to sit on a seat nearby and held it out to the demon. "Put it on. Around your neck. It just snaps right on. You'll like it."
Sali

Postby Sali Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:57 pm

"You are," Crou glanced down and then to his side uncertainly. His ears sat back but he shifted over in the seat to make room so Mrost could sit closer if the desire struck him.

He held his hands out obediently to Mrost. "Oh," his voice sounded confused. It wasn't what he had thought it was. He looked it over and then at Mrost curiously. It was apparent he had several follow-up questions first, but set them aside for now.

He obediently placed the object around his throat and snapped it closed. Only then did he finally dare to ask, "what does it do?"
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:55 am

Placing the collar around his neck, Sali would feel a tight twist of tension ripple through him from his neck down, before it seemed to settle. It felt strange, but it was difficult to tell what it did.

"With this little gadget, you'll appear passably as an angel to other angels. You'll feel like a low ranked principality." And he beamed. "You'll be able to venture outside. Of course."

And he gestured with a claw. "It has a few failsafes. Just in case. You /must/ raise your hand." And with the collar's influence, he was forced and compelled to raise a hand. "Released." And the force faded. "Now I know you would never resist me, you are who I trust best, but that's why you need to help me test this, can you imagine if we got these on some of the prime movers in hell?"
Sali

Postby Sali Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:12 am

Crou held perfectly still at first at the sensation, uncertain if moving would activate... whatever it was intended to do. But then Mrost clarified and he seemed to untense substantially. That meant... he could be an angel? Again? The burning pain continued and made it clear this was only an illusion and not reality. Illusion was enough. The look on his face seemed to light up, going from dull and exhausted to alive again as he moved towards Mrost to try and hug him.

The gesture was abruptly halted at the command and Crou looked stunned, standing there arm high in the air. It was released as quickly as it was controlled but the experience left Crou in a daze as he carefully and slowly lowered his hand back down and stared at it as if it had been severed from him completely rather than simply controlled.

He slowly moved each finger as he stared at them. This was familiar and yet... beyond familiar. He looked at Mrost, a look of hurt in his eye as he carefully nodded his head. "I understand."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:59 am

Mrost didn't look too bothered at the disappointment on Crou's face, used to the look from the other Host. "Be glad." he said "It means you can go out. You can even go to purgatory if you like." It would mean a reprieve from the pain of heaven. He smirked. "Maybe can come scouting with us."

"For the record, don't take it off. I need to take it off of you. If you try it will just stop you, and it might have to punish you for trying."

He curled his long tufted tail and smiled in a way that showed a lot of teeth. "I thought you'd be pleased though, I thought you wanted to be free from this little room."
Sali

Postby Sali Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:21 am

Crou relaxed the arm again with a sigh. "'Us'?" He asked curiously. Mrost himself was a given and for that Crou was honestly pleased. Mrost was used to him. His... oddities... but someone else might not know how to handle it. Someone else might push him away. He traced the edge of the collar with his nails curiously before leaving it be.

"I do... it's just, I don't exactly look angelic," he gestured at his own entirety. "I don't look like I used to." He didn't even comment on the clear control over him. He figured it was obvious why that would upset him anyway. No sense arguing over the single detail Mrost clearly needed to test.

Crou sighed and went to sit back down, "Did you have a specific parameter in mind for the first test?"

Return to “Heaven”