Mogi Adventures

A forum for Mogi rp
Toshi

Mogi Adventures

Postby Toshi Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:27 am

They made it out of the Vale in time and with all their belongings intact. "I've been thinking about opening a shop," Fest said, carefully laying out his belongings in a relatively clean spot, to smooth and fold them. "For fineries and regalia." He did have an eye for the (sometimes questionably) wearable, and had collected several jewelry items, along with a mask (not a Mask, of course), a rolled pair of socks, and and a cleverly-stitched pair of wings. He also had a variety of gems, and his hat and cape and so forth back. An excellent haul.

They wouldn't have made it out at all, if it weren't for the help of a suspiciously large and black creature, which seemed very taken with Nacht. Watching the affectionately swirling Wisps, Fest was relieved they wouldn't have to split up. ...If that was, in fact, still the plan.

"So!" he said, sounding cheery when he was in fact a bit nervous. They didn't even know if this sort of arrangement would work at all. "Where to first? Your place or mine?"
Toshi

Re: Mogi Adventures

Postby Toshi Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:31 am

Nacht had managed to accumulate quite a haul of belongings himself, though he had not at all considered selling or giving them away. They were his, not anyone else’s and anyone who wanted them could keep dreaming. “I wouldn’t sell mine.” He said. It was one of the first things he’d said in a bit, having been quiet since they’d left the vale, sometimes giving Fest meaningful looks. He wasn’t sure where he stood after having witnessed his friend turn positively vicious, attacking another mogi who hadn’t been doing anything in particular wrong. F had simply been talking when he’d been assaulted and it was a side of Fest he’d never seen. It made him wonder if he’d be attacked the same way if the other mogi knew he’d been wearing his hat. He didn’t like violence, in spite of being prone to occasional outbursts of it himself.

He’d been protected and saved by the tree, a winged dark messenger sent in his hour of need and he was grateful for it. He probably didn’t deserve it, given what had just been done to a devout messenger of the word by his companion, without his intervention. In fact they’d been lucky to experience mercy at all. He sighed shallowly and looked away.

“You can choose.” He said. “I don’t mind where we go.” But if this was the way things were, it would always be further from the Tree.
Toshi

Postby Toshi Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:38 am

"Are you experiencing some trepidation, Master Nacht?" Fest asked. "You're not...enthused about sharing your place of residence? I had hoped, that is, you might find some quality of the sands that you might enjoy. On desert nights, the sky is clear enough for the heavens to glitter with a thousand treasures."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Nacht looked uncertain and shifty, not very good at hiding his emotions to any degree, F’s comments had gotten under his skin and left him doubtful. In his heart of hearts, he trusted Fest, feeling in a deep and unshakable way that the other mogi was to be trusted and that he’d never hurt him. But he’d been told when he first met F that the heart lied, that it was led by desires which did not lead towards the tree, trials which were meant to test the loyalty of those who sought the truth. It ultimately all tied in to his doubts that the difficulties he faced in mind and body were some sort of punishment to cleanse him of something he’d done while unawares. F had told him that too, that the reason he had no colour was likely because he hadn’t truly earned it and that perhaps one day with great penance he would, just like he would earn clarity of mind. His heart led to Fest but could the heart be trusted? And how could he explain it to the other mogi?

“I just.” And he gave Fest a long, hopeless sort of stare. “I want to share with you, I want to live with you. I.” And he sighed. “But I just don’t know what to believe. You attacked F and he didn’t attack you at all. He just had your clothes.” He shifted from one paw to the other. “I mean. I’ve worn your hat. Would you attack me?”

He seemed rather distressed. “It was a side of you I’d never seen and I just don’t know. I’ve heard stories about Frees and I didn’t believe them, I still don’t want to but.. You bit him.”

He wanted to see the desert, he wanted to see a night without trees, sky as large and unending as he’d heard it was, but unless he could trust Fest, he wasn’t able to know for sure if he could go there.

---

F, since leaving the vale had been on the tail of his quarry, pursuing Nim here and there across the lands. She was his beloved, his destined partner and though she played hard to get, she truly cared about him. The only problem really was that she was a Free, determined to be a treethan. He needed to win her back to the forest, to the truth that lay behind the trees. If somehow he couldn’t – well - there were alternatives available to him that he would entertain if he had to.

It was just convenient that his two quarries were headed in mostly the same direction or he’d have had to do a lot of running back and forward from one place to the other. Well. Not exactly running, he wasn’t about to get his feet dusty walking about all over the trees creation on his own, sullying it. Instead he rode his de-stinked stink bug around, perched proudly atop it, his long prehensile tail wrapped about his feet. He looked like he was king of all that he surveyed and in time, with the help of the great tree, he knew he would be.

First though there was the persistent issues of Nim and Fest to deal with, redeemable and irredeemable as they were, and of his sweet little treeciple Nacht, who would learn in time the wonder of the truth.

Slowly creeping up behind Nim, he moved closer and closer, dismounting the steed only to pet her on the back. “My twisted darling. Would you not rather have a travelling companion?”
Toshi

Postby Toshi Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:55 pm

"Certainly not!" Fest said, taking up Nacht's paw very earnestly. "My dear Master Nacht, in this world there are friends... and to many I am a humble servant and friend...but there are also enemies, and Feed is one of these. You are, however, a dear and trusted friend, a close friend, and traveling companion, such that your enemies are my enemies. The world is not without dangers and I would defend you from them tooth and claw. Never would I turn against you! Although I know my temper can be quite...that is," Fest took his hat off to turn nervously in his paws, "I confess, I do not always have control of my impulses, and my anger gets the best of me... but never to you. Not against you," he repeated, and ears back, carefully handed Nacht the hat. "He wanted to part us. I loathe that creature from the bottom of me. You may wear it, if you like. It...wasn't about my garments, although you know their importance to me, and I would not lend them elsewhere. But with you, it's alright."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:31 pm

Nacht took the hat and thoughtfully eyed it, still uncertain but evidently less so now that he'd been reassured, still he didn't put it on. "I want to hate him as you do. I just can't seem to. He always just wanted to purify me, to bring me closer to the tree. That was all he seemed to want, and it gave me hope back then. Hating him would mean letting go of all of that." And the tree had kept him going for as long as he could remember. "But if you won't hurt me..at least not fatally, he would not ever be able to part us."

And he placed the hat on his head. "I don't want to lose the tree and I don't want to lose you either. I worry about the Free lands for that reason."
Toshi

Postby Toshi Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:09 am

Fest rubbed his cheek against Nacht's reassuringly, arching against his side on his toes and curling his tail against Nacht's shoulders.

"You don't need that creature to find the Tree. I don't disbelieve in it, you know. I'm only...skeptical of its intentions. But I won't keep you from it. We're traveling companions, are we not? Wither you go, I will go, and the opposite. Do you really feel that...to journey in every direction, or to accompany me, and I you, would hinder your search? I feel, have felt from the beginning, more may be accomplished ultimately together. Oh, Master Nacht, I do not wish to wander alone again. If you think the Tree means all things for good, surely our meeting must have some goodness. A...Tree of the nature you describe would not have sent us this pair of guiding lights, to split them."

Fest leaned against Nacht.

"The Tree that I believe in, might. An unusual and cruel Tree. But I do not want this to be the case. I don't wish to part."
Toshi

Postby Toshi Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:33 am

--

"She already HAS a traveling companion, thank you!" came a small voice. Yog, in contrast to the stink bug, was perched on his mistress's shoulder and gave Feed's paw a sharp (and fuzzy) kick.

"NO ONE ASKED YOU!" Nim scolded Yog, whirling dramatically, her tail puffier than usual as she erupted into a delighted cackle, "I accept your surrender and swearing of fealty, of course!" She apparently held no grudges about being tied up, or lectured, or dragged through the Vale. "You'll make an acceptable acolyte. I knew you'd come around eventually."

"But, Mistress," Yog whispered, edging closer to her head.

"You may kneel," Nim said, smiling with a lot of sharp teeth and extending her paw to be kissed.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:54 pm

Nacht nodded "I don't want to part." And he was certain about this above all else. "I was just worried I suppose that there would be something treeless out in the desert, treeless in a moral sense. I just was worried." But even that worry was smaller with the reassurance from the other mogi that he wouldn't hurt him and that they would do things together.

"And I'd be happy to believe in a tree which keeps us together." He nodded with a little more certainty.

"Take me to your home."

--

F gave Nim a decidedly alarmed look, not about to grovel or anything like it to a treethan. But his pride wasn't without a bit of restraint when it came to pursuing the means to an end.

He kissed her paw, still rubbing his own from where Yog had struck it. "My lady." he said gently. "I care only for your well being."
Toshi

Postby Toshi Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:04 am

Nacht nodded "I don't want to part." And he was certain about this above all else. "I was just worried I suppose that there would be something treeless out here in the desert, treeless in a moral sense. I just was worried." But even that worry was smaller with the reassurance from the other mogi that he wouldn't hurt him and that they would do things together.

"And I'd be happy to believe in a tree which keeps us together." He nodded with a little more certainty.

"Take me to your home."

"No, oh Master Nacht, it's a beautiful place, and not without its secrets and wonders. But we will only tarry here half the week. I have such things to show you. And I am of course, looking forward to seeing your home as well. I confess, as I said before, I have no current place of residence, but perhaps I could begin in the selection, now that I have a goal in mind and a guest to keep, perhaps with your aid in such matters..."

--

"Oh, lady. Fancy!" Nim's grin widened at the other mogi, who while he had not quite kneeled, had bent to place the kiss, "But to be honest, faithful consort..."

Yog muttered something rude, crawling sulkily behind Nim's ear.

"I was thinking more like QUEEN. Now, hurry! We mustn't lose them."

"How can you stand him?" Yog asked the stinkbug, as if it were responsible for the entire situation.

Return to “Mogi”