Mogi Adventures

A forum for Mogi rp
Toshi

Re: Mogi Adventures

Postby Toshi Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:34 am

"Many streams, by the look of it! And in such a hurry! I'll bet this stream does hide the occasional chilled delectable...oh, but at the moment what I wouldn't give for something roasted. A hot drink! Something crisped by flame. Or at least a heated section of said tributary."

The stream did not look like it was getting any steamier.

Justin had followed with them on this tour, and its paw prints were, by comparison to the two mogis, very large. Fest could probably have fit all four of his own pawprints in them if he would have liked. He tried unsuccessfully to whistle the Bitten over. Justin was, on the whole, a sort of mysterious creature. It too radiated potential and intelligence.

It suited Nacht, at least. They were very fortunate it was friendly.

"I don't know what I would be doing at all without you here," Fest admitted, pushing aside a bit of the snow, "but if I had been here with you during the aforementioned unpleasantness, I certainly wouldn't have allowed you to fall."
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am

“This is where I woke up.” Nacht said as he led the way into the shady clearing. It was just shifting to night in the forest and the distant blaze of sunset had begun to recede. He made his way over to the roots of a tree with very dark bark. He looked up at it in a thoughtful sort of way. “I used to think this was the one they meant when they talked about the great tree, but as I got older and older I realised that this was in the end just a tree like any other.” He shrugged his shoulders. “It’s nothing really interesting, I just thought I’d bring you here so you could see where I started off, a place like any other in the forest.”

He made his way under the rise of a curved root, where there was a shallow hollow. “Think it was here. I remember it was on a night where there were fireflies, all up under that tree. Or well.”

He fell quiet, looking concerned. “Maybe there weren’t any, but I saw them. Most of the time back then I saw things, there was always someone or something with me, it was a lot worse than it is now. Now I’ve learned some ways of getting an idea if something is real or not.” He looked at his paws. “When I first met Feed I was really lost, nothing seemed to make sense and I couldn’t tell what was happening to me. I used to get frightened. I mean now I’m all but immune to fear from those things but I was just, so afraid back then. He told me things that made me feel better and safer, it gave me hope I could do something about it. So I did whatever he wanted.”

There were Strangers there now, even as they talked, figures that he knew weren’t real but couldn’t ignored. One of them was a figure he hadn’t seen since he was very small, a strange caterpillar with hollow staring eyes which he found disturbing. He asked the Bitten to move in front of it, which it did lazily, putting itself between the mogi and his vision where he’d pointed to. He relaxed. “I guess since he’d been here, I wanted you to be. So you’d be even.”
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:14 pm

The day in the desert was just far too hot for Nacht, his fur just soaking up the sun’s rays and leaving him an overheated mess. On the first day he’d gotten very ill and had never trusted it thereafter. For that reason, he only went out at night when he was in the desert with Fest, the rest of the day finding himself an oasis with some harder soil to burrow into and hide. It turned out that Nacht was actually a very competent digger with large strong rabbit-like back legs and a mask which made burrowing easy. That night he emerged to a star studded sky and a desert that was stiller than it had been of late. Already the heat of the day was gone, leaving nothing but cold behind and it felt like he could breathe again. In the desert he slept in the day so he was finally awake, eyes gleaming in the dark. He waited for Fest by the still water, so precious in the expansive desert and shallow enough that no danger could lurk in it. During the day he’d gone for a swim when the heat of midday had become too much to bear, that night though he did nothing other than have a drink.

On his own he was somewhat useless and a little vulnerable, unable to tell real threats from imaginary ones, relying on his Bitten as a means of keeping anything risky at bay, the sleek creature was using the night time to hunt down insects to eat while keeping an eye on its imprinted companion. There had been nothing too exciting that day in general and frankly, he was looking forward to seeing the other Mogi again.
Baneful
General Tyrant

Postby Baneful Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:14 pm

Feed wasn’t exactly stalking Nim. Not exactly. Mostly it was just that if anyone asked the tree had told him to follow the same path as the scandalous little mogi and if that meant placating her by telling her she was in charge to do then he wasn’t about to complain about it. He found himself travelling all over the place as he pursued her, ending up in unusual climes far from the forests. With his large ears to help cool him and his long cape Feed was actually well suited to the desert, if it hadn’t been for his fastidious adherence to his religion of the great tree he might even have moved there permanently, very fond of the junk heaps and small gathering places and trading hubs which were dotted throughout the desert. He’d even liberated a few items from their owners along the way.
Toshi

Postby Toshi Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Prompt 1 - Forest

Fest folded his paws behind his back reverently. The place where a Mogi awoke wasn't marked, but it wasn't a place you forgot. The color of the tree, handsome and black, was as striking as Nacht. Most Mogis were overflowing with colors and patterns, and in this, Nacht was irregular, but Fest thought it was the finest looking pelt he had personally ever encountered.

"I'm humbled you would take me to your Waking Place, Master Nacht," Fest said, but puffed up a little at the mention of Feed, "even if imagining you at the mercies of that rapscallion...I dread to dwell on it. It's a fine and tranquil patch of wood. If it was the Tree that deposited you here, I am grateful to it."

Fest brushed his cheek against Nacht's. "A good beginning, and with luck, a happy ever after."

Prompt 2 - Desert

The temperatures plummeted to freezing in the dark, but Nacht thrived in the chill as much as Fest relished the shining heat. It danced over the colors of his coat, and warmed him right to the bone. There was something clean about sand, like clean water, rolling and reforming and never giving anything enough time to rot the way the woods did.

He found Nacht at the edge of the Glittercanyon, and here the water did run quick over a bed of glimmering treasures. Occasionally one or two would wash up next to the shore.

"My dear Master Nacht," Fest said with great affection, "I didn't take you as a thrillseeker. This canyon is a place of great risk and, legend has it, great reward for the proficient spelunker."

He sorted Nacht's fur, freeing it from a dusty layer of sand and curling his thorns artistically.

"Perhaps it's impossible to keep your thirst for adventure and e'er wandering heart at bay."

He'd come to look forward to spending time with his often stoic companion just the same. What treasures they found, they kept together, thinking little of a swap here and there, although lately they had begun to acquire quite a collection. Nacht had little inclination to sell any of his findings (in fact, the other mogi seemed reluctant to even rid himself of debris they acquired on their travels), but more and more Fest had been toying with the idea of opening a shop. If only he could find a few more show-stopping items, they'd be well on their way.

Return to “Mogi”