[Arrival] A Trip (Lawr + The Kittens)

The forest itself, ranging from the sparse and sunny clearings favoured by the Seelie to the dark and dense forests up against the mountains favoured by the Unseelie. The woods can be dangerous at times but also provide much of the court's food supplies.
Baneful
Tyrant

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:51 am

Lawrence took the kittens all over the world as best he could, taking them to visit all manner of teachers and trying to get them as broad a life experience as was possible without taking them too close to any dangerous degrees of mana. The last thing he wanted was any harm to come to his precious little entourage.

He remembered the fairy court from his youth, a place of creativity and bright culture and figured that the kittens would find no small amount of joy in the forests and their rich bounty.

"We are almost there." he said. "But we should rest for a time. Don't worry too much, you should be fine in this forest."
prolixity
Nestling

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:22 am

"We won't get kidnapped by the fae?" Miria asked, a little nervously. She wasn't afraid, not precisely. Just nervous. The faeries were known to kidnap kittoms, naughty or otherwise, and she was decidedly not into that. She would prefer to stay with the entourage and with the adult elnin she looked up to more than any other. She wriggled under the end of Lawrence's long tail, taking comfort in the curtain of fluff that fell over her.

Thorn had already taken Lawr's word for it and curled up into a ball of dark fur, half asleep practically before the elder elnin had finished speaking.
Baneful
Tyrant

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am

Lawr gave Miria a brief look of concern, sometimes the youngster was too perceptive for her own good. He'd heard tales of the fae stealing away kittens of late but hadn't been too concerned. Not because he didn't think it was a possibility but mostly because his attitude in general was that anything that was lost could always be replaced. He didn't say this to his wards though, trying to keep some sort of lid on the sheer callousness he was capable of. He cared about the kittens, it just wasn't in the same way someone else might have.

"That shouldn't happen." he said to Miria with a gentle smile. "That sort of thing is rare and mostly happens to other people as a rule. Here in this place they care for the fae but they are Elnin like us, you should be fine." he looked thoughtful for a moment and added. "Just treat anything they tell you with a pinch of salt, they are notorious storytellers."

Mikael hated walking, hated it with a passion, and all along the way he'd tried to get Lawrence to let him sit on his back, only to be turned down time and time again, matched in his laziness only in Lawrence's own aversion to hard work. When it was time to rest, he exhaled in relief and sat down heavily. "I hate all this walking." he said petulantly for about the hundredth time. "I hope we get to rest here."

"They are hospitable you'll find." the older Elnin said. "So we will stay for a time."

Luke
didn't mind walking. He found hard work satisfying and enjoyed the travelling with the little group of kittens a great deal. Stopping left him without many options about what to do with himself, in spite of his small size still feeling he had plenty of energy still to expend. He settled for climbing one of the nearby trees, walking out to one of the low hanging branches over the group.

"Fairies are stupid." he said. "I bet they don't know how to do anything good at all."

Nacht was excited about the stories if he was honest, his imagination and dreams always vivid and full of rich detail. He had been looking forward to their visit to the fairy court for a long time and finally he'd get to be there and learn all that there was to learn. It was hard for him to restrain his enthusiasm for once and his eyes sparkled brightly at the thought of it it all.
MoonKit
Nestling

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Melvin was walking alongside Lawr, ears up and eyes out and about, more for a general sense of concern for all his brothers and sisters and checking behind him to make sure no one fell behind too much without nose nudge of encouragement to keep going. Lawr's charges had grown in number since he was small and he welcomed each one with a grooming session and whatever he could provide in his limited scope, being young as well. Lately he had been sticking to reading and studying, doing his best to educate himself in the limited scope a nestling could, but going out to actually get real life experiences was overall exciting if not a anxious indevour. Already he felt slightly nauseous with being outside of the village, but did his best to keep that to himself, not wanting for Lawr to keep him away from his side on any occasion.
Once it was time to break, he moved about, counting heads and seeing if everyone was alright. "Lawr would not bring us to a dangerous place." He assured them. "The Fae are said to hold ancient magic and knowledge."

Mara was not happy. She wanted to stay home, but instead had to go out and follow her family in one mass to some awful place in the middle of nowhere. Fae-loving Elnin or not, she doubted they had much to offer in looks, riches, and since she hadn't heard of them, fame. Part of her entertained the long walk with thoughts of strapping mature Elnin flocking about her, a jewel from the other lands, and adorning her in all their lavish riches their measly little dirt mound could afford them. When it was time to rest, she worked to groom herself, making sure she looked as best she could without having her mirror with her. "Why would any Elnin want to live all the way out here."
prolixity
Nestling

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Miria considered the reassurances carefully, and finally nodded, accepting them. She trusted Lawr, and her brother Melvin usually made sense, at least. "Do they have houses?" she asked. The idea of staying a while with elnin who told stories wasn't unappealing, but the idea of roughing it for an extended period wasn't quite as nice.

"Long walk," Thorn complained, cracking one eye briefly open to peer at the others. He felt better in the knowledge that he wasn't the only one who objected to how far they were going.
Baneful
Tyrant

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Lawr was glad to have Melvin in the little group, always capable of helping to look after the kittens at their own level, mature for his age but still incredibly willing to learn.

"I most certainly would not." he agreed. "You are all too valuable to put in any sort of danger. This is a trip for education and a bit of relaxation in the bounty of spring and summer, a chance for you to get familiar with the forest."

Mara's sullenness he could relate to somewhat, not one for rustic locations and being far from his luxuries. "They live out here because they find something to be said for the way of life and the chance to be whoever they wish to be. You might find it appeals more when the shock of change has settled a little."

"They live in bowers and caves from what I gather." Lawr said a little haughtily. "But they are comfortable enough, they have been here a very long time. You will be fine Miria, I have no doubt of that."

Mikael related to Thorn's tiredness and nodded in agreement. "I don't want to walk any more for a million years."

Vadra blended in surprisingly well in the dappled grass with his green and black markings and had immediately become engrossed in bugs. He couldn't help it at all, it was all too appealing.
Toshi
The Queen

Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:44 am

Malkam "I don't mind taking you for a while," Malkam said, flopping down next to Mikael and giving Lawrence a surly look. Mikael was light. He barely weighed anything. They were all light. Malkam was already strong for a kit, not excessively big, but stubborn. His crown bobbed imperiously above his aggressively striped ears. It wouldn't have been any extra burden for the *much* older elnin. He liked Lawr, he did, it was just sometimes...Malk didn't entirely trust him. He'd mostly come for Mik, who'd wanted to see stuff, even if he hadn't bargained on all the walking.

Uschi Uncharacteristically frowny, Uschi sucked on his poor paws. He enjoyed a walk as much as anyone, but a nice, leisurely, aimless one. Preferably a short one that lead to a large blanket and a generous basket filled with milks and nice pastries. "Lawrence," he asked plaintively, "Is it time for a snack?"
Baneful
Tyrant

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Mikael didn't need to be told twice and very eagerly climbed onto his sibling for a piggyback, wanting to rest his legs and more than happy to take advantage of his strong brother.

Lawrence
gave Uschi a big cheshire cat smile for his question. "Oh yes, I'm sure it is, there is plenty to work with out here. I'll see what I can rustle up for us."

He looked on the brink of departing when another Elnin arrived, this one unknown to them, elegant and blue with strange eye like markings all over him.

"Oh Oberon, a pleasure." Lawr said dipping in a subtle bow. "Not your season right now is it?" he asked cordially.

Oberon
nodded. "Indeed not. Fair is the lady of the woods until autumn comes again. So it falls to me to greet newcomers to the lands. A small feast is being prepared in your honour as we speak, courtesy of the seelie court. I can lead you to the great bower. It's just a short way from here if you all feel able for the walk."

Lawrence nodded. "I'm sure they can handle a little bit further."

Mikael
groaned dramatically.